We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oropesa del mar

west sussex
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Oropesa del mar

We are staying in Oropesa del mar this summer. We know how to get there, but finding it very hard to find much info about the area and/or Costa Azahar.

Can anybody help please?

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oropesa del mar

We camp regularly just north of here at Torre de la Sal. That strip of coast is very pleasant. It is mainly used by Spanish families and is relatively low key. Oropesa has lovely sweeping beaches with facilities including water sports. The town is realtively small. Don't expect english bars etc and in some you may even be spoken to entirely in Spanish. That said you'll get what you want and be treated well.

Do an internet search for "Marina D'Or" the new resort that is being developed just up the coast.

What kind of things do you want to do when you're there? Plenty of day trips I've done: Valencia (car or rail), the Ebro delta, Peniscola, Morella, fort at Sagunto, inland to the wine areas of Utiel/Requena, walking just inland in the Desert de las Palmes or further to the two parks just before Valencia.

Town has a population of about 5000! They also have a website:

http://en.oropesa.com/

Mentioned in this post
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
Peniscola
Peniscola
Province of Castellon, Spain
Morella
Morella
Province of Castellon, Spain
west sussex
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oropesa del mar

Many thanks, that is just what we wanted to hear.

Our holiday will be mainly beach based, but I would to be able to visit Benicassim and Castellon (at least).

We have done Valencia and look forward to having lunch at the railway station before getting the train up to Oropesa.

I'm very pleased to hear there will not be any English Bars, we always try to find places where the Spanish go (cheaper and better food). Language not a problem I speak enough Spanish to be able to shop and find my way around.

However, Valenciano!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other info greatly appreciated.

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
3. Re: Oropesa del mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Castellon de la Plana
More Castellon de la Plana Topics