We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for quiet resort

Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for quiet resort

I would like to treat an elderly relative to a holiday on the Costa Blanca next year, more than likely in May/June before the weather gets too hot. Our priority is to stay in a quiet town/village which has access to a sandy beach. We will be renting a car to sight-see but it's mainly a rest and recuperation kind of holiday. Any suggestions? Thanks

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for quiet resort

I would suggest Los Alcazares which is a bit further south towards Murcia. If you can get to San Javier airport instead of Alicante, it's about a 15 mins drive from there. There are a couple of nice looking hotels here, plenty of restaurants and bars, and a very nice sandy beach. As you will have a car, both Cartagena and Murcia are not too far, and both are interesting places to spend a day.

Otherwise, north of Alicante, you have Calpe and Denia which are realitively quiet resorts out of school holidays.

Benitachell
Level Contributor
393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for quiet resort

Suggest you look at Moraira as an appropriate location

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for quiet resort

I second Moraira or the port area of Javea.

Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for quiet resort

Thank you all for your suggestions. Happy christmas :-)

5. Re: Looking for quiet resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 05:16