We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Costa Blanca?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in Costa Blanca?

Hello,

My boyfriend and I have never been to mainland Spain before and we're really struggling to pick where to go! We're hoping to book something for next week, we just want a nice chilled out holiday as close to a beach as possible. We're not big party animals so nightlife is not so important to us, we're more interested in good food and nice beaches.

Could anyone suggest the best area?

Many thanks

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Costa Blanca?

Sound like Javea could tick your box. It is only an hour from Alicante or Valencia airport. There are hotels bust mostly private apartments you can rent direct form the owners. You can fond there on holiday rentals sites, you would then have to book flights seperately and car hire if required.

norfolk
Level Contributor
831 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Costa Blanca?

I love El Campello, it has a lovely beach, lots of nice restaurants and a friendly feel to it.

There is a tram stop that runs through from Alicante to Benidorm, which is quite easy to use and gives a good option to explore the area.

We rent a lovely apartment very near to the beach, it has 3 bedrooms which if we go on our own we don't need, but the location and service facilities are so good that we always use it, I have checked their site and there is a week free from 15th to 23rd September, don't know if this is any good for you.

Jean.

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Costa Blanca?

Calpe, Javea or Denia (although Campello also lovely and nearer to Alicante).

Denia has a more authentic town with lots of excellent bars and restaurants. Although for relaxing Javea is more compact with the lovely Arenal beach with sun beds and the bars and restaurants on the promenade + the port area and old town.

A lot depends on whether you plan to rely on public transport for transfers or hire a car as Javea is not easily accessed by public transport. Calpe and Denia are accessible by the Coastal TRAM but take a while (bus to Mercado in Alicante and then catch train). Campello much closer (still accessed by TRAM). Personally I would choose Javea, Denia, Campello, Calpe in that order. There is also Altea, which is lovely.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Costa Blanca?

That's all really useful stuff, thanks everyone! Looks like it'll be Calpe for us this year :)

5. Re: Where to go in Costa Blanca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 10:16