We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

Carrickfergus
1 post
Save Topic
Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

Last year I used Mediterranean Holidays PLC for an airport transfer from Alicante to Benidorm and the service was excellent.

This year I booked again for another transfer to Benidorm using the same company. They had changed their name to SUBUS Group Ltd and the payment was via an internet bank transfer rather than by secure pal.

Unfortunately for me when I arrived in Alicante the transport for my party of 13 personnel did not arrive. It became apparent that a large number of personnel were also left stranded at the airport for a couple of weeks prior to my arrival.

I called the numbers given to me by the company however the Spanish numbers were dead and the uk number switched to an answer phone. As expected I never received a return call from the message I left.

On return from holiday, the company informed me the mistake was because of the change of company name and its servers had failed and lost booking information. They said they would give me a full

refund and three complementary transfers that can be used this year.

I have not received the refund so far and they do not answer my e-mails. I have contacted the bank in Scotland they got me to send my money too however the Nat West have said they cannot assist.

Please warn other unsuspecting travellers of the dangers of booking their Alicante transfer via the following websites:

www.diytravelshop.co.uk/contact.php

Mediterranean Holidays PLC

http://www.mediterranean-holidays.citymax.com

I managed to get an answer on the companies number today, however once I mentioned the refund they hung up the phone. As before it is now on answerphone.

I would be grateful if anyone can advise other methods of warning others about this company.

Many Thanks

Paul

ps: if you are looking for an airport transfer, try the following company who are very competitive and the rep Jacqui is english speaking.

www.alicanteprivatetransfers.com

info@alicanteprivatetransfers.com

angel25tour@hotmail.com

Tel: 0034 616 227 438

Bradford
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

Hi thanks for this

I was just panicking a bit because my dad has just booked a minibus with the above website you have recommended. I just searched it on google and it brought your warning up and I thought we'd been conned. Hopefuly we should be ok because weve used the one youve recommended rather than the one not to use. We had to pay our money in full by paypal. Did you have to do this? Now I've got that number I can ring and check anyway.

Thanks very much for your warning though. Very helpful.

cardiff
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

i also booked resort tranfer for 16 of us on april 14th retuning on april21st when we arrived there was no one there to meet us. we had paid £193 through pay pal for ths serice and had been told by su bus that they were taking over all medholidays transfers but su bus a alacanti didt seem o know anything about it,every no ring is dead or an anser phone what else can i do they leftus all standed and thats unexeptable

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

after your comments, we managed to cancelled our transfers from Alicante Airport to Benidorm with the above company and re booked with costa-blanca-transfers.com who provided an excellent service

info@costa-blanca-transfers.com

www.costa-blanca-transfers.com

Benitachell
Level Contributor
393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

I would be grateful if anyone can advise other methods of warning others about this company.

Watchdog

bbc.co.uk/consumer/…contact_index.shtml

Bath
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

Has anybody used the costa blanca transfers company web same as name. I am awaiting a quote but want to be sure i am safe with 5 kids in tow.

Manchester
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

Hi,

As far as I know, SUBUS has been the main transport company in Alicante for a lot of years, so I think Mediterranean Holidays was a fake company.

Anyhow, I have checked those webs and found them quite serious, but I have found on eBay transfers from alicante airport to Benidorm cheaper.

What I don´t like is to pay for a service before it is done, so I always ask to pay in person and I found a person on eBay who accepted and was perfect. I am not saying who, because I don´t want to spam, but just take a look on eBay if you are going to Benidorm.

Have a good holiday.

7. Re: Alicante Airport Transfer Warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Province of Alicante