We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro exchange ?

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
762 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Euro exchange ?

We are travelling to Benidorm on Sat ( 4 ladies getting peace from our Hubby's YEA) Can anyone advise us whether to bring all of our spends in Euros from the UK or will we get a better rate actually in Benidorm.

If so where is the best place to get it we're staying at the Melia.

Thanks

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro exchange ?

The rate here is currently fluctuating between 1.47 and 1.48.

Best place is in the indoor market - come out of the Melia and turn right into town. Approx. 300 yards on your right you will see the indoor market.

You can use either Sheila's Money Exchange or one called Euro something - both will write down what you will get before they hand it over. You will see the rate on the board outside. There is no minimum exchange amount and what you see is what you get.

Have fun! You are in a top hotel by the way!

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro exchange ?

Many thanks fro the great info. I'll print this off so that I can find it on Sturday afternoon.

OT question, whats your weather like just now ? do you think there is any chance of us getting into the pool or should we be wrapping up against the cold.

Thanks again for the info its much appreciated.

Happycruzer

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro exchange ?

webcam.comunitatvalenciana.com/webcam.htm

Copy the above url into you browser and when the page opens point to benidorm on the map, you can then click on Levante, poniente or terra mitica for the web cams. At the bottom of the web cam page there are other links, click on "weather" for a 6 day forecast, click on "weather station" and then select benidorm as the town you want info for and it will give you real time information as to the current weather situation

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro exchange ?

Thanks Alleykat, great link I'll never get housework done at this rate though.

Roll on Saturday and thanks again to you both for great info/help.

Happycruzer

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro exchange ?

I don't think you will be to get in the pool. Even if its a really warm day the water needs several weeks of really warm/hot weather to get the temp up.

However, it does say on its website that it has a heated pool which I assume is indoors.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euro exchange ?

dgutte, you're from Boro mate, you're not going soft are you. lol

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Euro exchange ?

I would need my beer jacket on!

flint
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Euro exchange ?

dqutte is spot on. Sheila`s is the best place. One of the best rates in Benidorm. What you see on the board is what you get.

UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Euro exchange ?

Just a thought

Does Sheilas close early on a Saturday?

I seem to think it closed about 14:00

Hope this helps enjoy

10. Re: Euro exchange ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm