We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

Hull
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

Hi There

Going to Benidorm on the 5th may, very excited!! My travel agent called me today to tell me there is building work going on just outside the hotel. Can anyone tell me whats its like, noise etc..

Thank You

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

At the moment it is mainly pile drivers banging away sorting the foundations so quite loud

Glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

Hi Dont know where the road works are but the hotel complex is large and im sure one of the pools will be quite enough to sun bathe I stayed there last June I was not overly impressed with the hotel (I was put in the Ocas) but dont be put off I go to Benidorm 2 to 3 times a year and had not stayed in the Pelicanos I heard so much about it thought I would give it a try I think my expectaions were to high but you will enjoy it and some good bar's near it .

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

I was there this morning as well as picking people up from the Nereo. Its an annoying thud as they hammer the piledrivers into the ground. Doesn't go on all day but is loud when it is.

Friends at the Nereo found it very annoying.

The site is opposite the entrance to the Sol hotels but as the rooms are behind the reception it may minimise the impact. The entrance to the site is on Ave Med which is the opposite side of the site to the one that face the Sol P so you shouldn't be bothered by trucks etc... outside the hotel.

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

Did your travel agent offer you a different hotel?Maybe we could help you decide which is best.

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

I wish I had known about the building work before booking at the Pelicanos. We stayed there 2 years ago and found it to be good except for having to clear the tables in the dinning room before we could sit down.

Does anyone know if we have a room overlooking the pool at the Pelicanos whether it will be too noisy with regard to the building work?

Thanks

benidorm
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

hi there, going to the same hotel on the same day. thomas cook called me a coulpe of days ago said there was building work . the building work starts at 9am until 8am at night. they said the noise is on a scale of 1 to 3. 1 very noise, 2 ok, 3 cant hear it. thomas cook said the noise level is number 2. they said we could have another hotel but would cost a lot more. i asked them can i have it in writing that the work starts at the time they stated also the the nose level was what they stated .they said yes so get it in writing.hope this will help say hello if you see me there

Ashbourne, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

Can anyone tell me if this noise will affect the Gemelos XXII apartments please?

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

Probably not. You maybe able to hear it from the higher floors if the wind is blowing the right (wrong) way. I wouldn't worry about it.

scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

is there any update on this.

got a letter from thomson today saying that there was building work.

i'm going on the 30th of june.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas - Building Work Outside, How bad is it?

There is a local rule that states that building work is prohibited in July and August so you should get some peace and quiet.