We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking ban?

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
smoking ban?

hi thinking of going to benidorm late july/august and was wondering if there was a smoking ban in spain or do any of the cabaret clubs have a non smoking policy? have kids so want to plan ahead , many thanks for any help

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking ban?

We have just come back from spain I dont smoke but my partner does and he could smoke in all the bars and restaurants they are not smokey because they are not closed in ....been to Benidorm a few times so if you need to know anything else I will try and help..

Miami
Level Contributor
924 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking ban?

The only smoking ban I've seen in Spain enforeced is in certain areas of the airport. Besides that I've seen people smoking everywhere.

Look for open restaurants and or cafes that you can sit outside if the smoke is a problem. Some restaurants may have non-smoking sections.

I've never been to any of the cabaret clubs there so I'm not sure, but I doubt that they have a smoking ban. I've gone to shows in other areas like in Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla and people were smoking.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
3. Re: smoking ban?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm