We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Rate

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Crewe
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Exchange Rate

Coming Benidorm this Friday the best exchange rate I can get in England is 1.42.2 will I get better when I get to Benidorm?

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Rate

Yes.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Rate

yes it is always better in benidorm,use sheilas in the indoor market for the best local rate. pat xx

manchester uk
Level Contributor
550 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Rate

I was getting 145 at the tobacco's just behind the Hotel Orange. . So I would always change my money in Benidorm.

basingstoke
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Rate

I got back from benidorm on the i0th and was getting 1.45 at Sheila's and a few other places.

Crewe
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange Rate

Anyone know what hours Shelia's is open Saturday & Sunday?

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange Rate

Don't rely on being able to change money at the weekend change some before you come, after all at a rate of 1.422 in the uk and 1.45 in Benidorm you are only talking about getting 2.8 euros per £100 extra in Benidorm.

Leeds
Level Contributor
651 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange Rate

If possible take a nationwide debit card . Better rates from the hole in the wall than anywhere, FACT

HTH

Mark

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange Rate

Bestyman, I couldn't agree more. I would advise anyone to get themselves a Nationwide Flex Account. You don't pay any commission and you will get at least 2 cents above the local rates at Sheilas etc. So if there offering 1.45 you'll get 1.47 with your Nationwide account. Plus its just like being at home and you can draw money out the hole in the wall anytime you need it.

One word of advice when using cash machines is if your offered the choice of conversion in euros or sterling chose the euro option as you will then get the best rate.

Its should only take a coupleof weeks to get your card once you've applied.

9. Re: Exchange Rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 07:17