We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

benodorm MOAN

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
benodorm MOAN

why do certain bars advertise that the act will be onstage at 10 oclock and without any sort of apology the act goes on at 10.30 or thereabouts ?last week i went to see a comedian who was billed to be onstage at 11.30 and at midnight i went to the d.j. and asked him "when will the comedian be on?"he replied"hes not here yet,hes stuck in another club"he was redfaced when i told him"hes been chatting at the bar since 11.30 !!"he eventually went on stage at 12.15.

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: benodorm MOAN

Well why didn't you just go and ask the comedian himself then? the comperes get so much greaf when it's not their fault, sometimes the club decides there's not enough people in to put on an act or the acts don't turn up etc then the DJs and props get all the moans!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: benodorm MOAN

hi,m8 ok this comedian was standing at the bar , but i have found that the timing is out due to the amount of bar's the acts do in the one night you will find a act advertised at a bar for 9 pm the same act in another bar at 10pm and so on .

Lancashire
Level Contributor
666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: benodorm MOAN

That's because its free entertainment

They often come on late so that they get your euros out of you on the drinks, whilst you are eagerly waiting.

My advise is to wander round and take in the entertainment ad hoc rather than plan your night out with military precision.

Oh bendidorm is withan I not an o in the middle

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: benodorm MOAN

As a general rule you'll find if the place is busy the gigs are on time but if quiet they stretch it out. That's life I'm afraid.

5. Re: benodorm MOAN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 23:17