We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

south yorks
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

How do you know which hotel your going to be allocated and is there a difference between the two. Is one better than the other or is there nothing to choose between? Considering booking this hotel for 5 nights in January for 2 adults

Thankyou

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

Hi, we have just returned and think you just get allocated one of the two upon arrival.

However the queues for evening meals in pelicanos were not good. Food not particular good either.

All waiters really miserable. Tables left full of empty plates and stacked up.

Reception staff also were unhelpful , asked for two adjoining rooms (emailed them direct one month before going to also ask for this) but totally unwilling to help in anyway. Without checking they just said no adjoining rooms available when we arrived. 11 plus floors all those rooms and not two adjoining spare?

On plus side pool area is great plenty of sunbeds whatever time you arrive. But would consider another hotel

south yorks
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

Thanks for your reply well thats ended that then. I was only looking at it because hubby had always fancied to stay there perhaps we should give at a miss. Always been all inclusive before but ended up eating and drinking out any way so thought we'd go b & b this time. Anyway plenty of time to look thanks again

uk
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

ive stayed at the pelicanos three times this and cant fault it the reception staff were great allthough if u get the busy check in times its allways going to be hectic, waiters great allways willing to help even the night security guard had a laugh with us every night at silly o clock!! would highlyey recomend this hotel.

south yorks
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

Thanks for your reply decided on there now my husbands always wanted to stay there and I'm sure we'll have a great time anyway. Thanks again

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

I stayed here in May and totally agree with everything roof2p had to say, I spent all of my spending money on eating out.

south yorks
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

Would you say the hotel was okay if you werent eating there as we were only intending staying b&b but probably not even making the breakfast. Thanks

Mansfield...
Level Contributor
761 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

I've stayed here twice and no complaints from me, great location too.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

skinnybob it would be fine for that, apart from the food the hotel was nice.

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

(I apologize in advance if this posts twice, but it didn't seem to work the first time?)

Me & my boyfriend are staying here for 1 week in July. We are ages 23&29.

Any idea if this is a good hotel (location, type of ppl at the hotel..etc) for young ppl to enjoy themselves at?

If you are not picky about your food, is it really that bad? If so...what is wrong with it? bland, no variety?

Any idea if it is possible to have your own cooler with drinks and snack at the pool? or are you REQUIRED to buy what they have? If so...approx price range for drinks from this hotel?

I see someone mentioned it is always easy to find beach chairs by the pool..did everyone else who stayed here find this to be the case as well?

Thanks in advance for all info & assistance! :)

scotland
Level Contributor
446 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Pelicanos/Ocas

me and my husband stayed at this hotel 3yrs ago food was bland and not much to choose from,but i am going back again this year for two weeks in july,so it cant be that bad eh,we going for the pool as we have 11 yr old daughter.I think you have to buy the drinks and snacks from the pool so ive heard.When we went 3yrs ago it was hard to find 2 sunbeds together, but that was in the afternoon.Hope you have a good time

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm