We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

theft

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wigan
3 posts
Save Topic
theft

hi, been to benidorm a few years ago with a whole lot of family and didnt see any problems about thieves,will be going in november again with a few family friends and am concerned of reports of theft in resort and in the actual hotels, i will be staying in the hotel sol pelicanos and been told that theft in there is quite bad, does anyone have any info or experience on this

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: theft

Theft is the same in any big city mate, I or any of my family who travel abroad numours time a year have never had any problem with theft.

As for the Pelicanos, I read a report that was posted the other day and thats all it was going on about at the pelicanos, I stopped here in May and the only problem I encounted was that the food was terrible, the breakfasts are ok though.

Bury, LANCASHIRE
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: theft

The only thing that would put me off from staying at this hotel would be the gypies that beg outside, I always cross over the road if I see them especially at night but saying that I have never seen any trouble.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: theft

It also had prostitutes plying their trade outside here in the early hours of the morning whilst we were here in May, we had a room on the front so thats how we noticed them.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: theft

Ann stayed there three times I have never had any problems ,as for the beggers outside its only one that sits outside the ocas . the problem with the beggers is us the tourist how many people passing gives the odd euro or two if this is stoped then the the begging would be reduced from the hotel fronts

The pelicanos hotel (see my review) gets some realy good reviews and I have not heard any on theft not to say it does not happen ask some of the guys and gals who write for T/A that stay in benidorm and get their views they will keep you right. enjoy your holidays

Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: theft

Hi we jst returned from this fab hotel (pelicanos) last Friday and we never heard of or experienced any thefts. This was our 2nd visit to the hotel and both times have been amazing and we've felt completely safe here. The staff were really cheery and helpful and went out of the way to speak to and have a joke with the kids. If I had to say something negative about this hotel, it would be the temperature of the water in the pool - it really was like ice (the sea was warmer!!) - but I guess all pools are the same at this time of year. There was one man sitting begging outside the Ocas a couple of times but we just ignored him and walked past, he never bothered us. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Epsom, Surrey
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: theft

Make sure you get a safe and you'll be fine. It costs 10 Euros a week plus a 5 euro deposit which you get back at the end of your holiday.

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: theft

There are pickpockets around, mainly gypsies,I have seen them operating near the indoor market and on Calle Gerona across from the Ambassador. They tend to target the aged and disabled. They are very good at it and most people don't realise, they just think they have lost their property.

Keep your bags safe, don't carry your wallet in your back pocket. They may help you with your case and you will never see it again.

We go to Benidorm long stay every winter. It's no worse than anywhere else just be aware and you shouldn't have a problem

edinburgh
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: theft

make sure you put everything in your safe, my daughter had 50euros taken from a drawer, it was hidden beneath her clothes. daz.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: theft

We really enjoyed our stay at the Pelicanos in late september. Some friends of ours left the day after us and had their cases stolen from the luggage room. It was caught on CCTV the theives watched them put the cases in the room and followed them to the pool then went to reception and were let into the luggage roomwhere they the cases. They did leave one case, this caes was bright pink and easily recognised. So be wary vigilant.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: theft

I've just got back from this hotel, did not see any crime, just heard about theft from hotel safe's.

Told five had been done whilst I was there, hard to suss out what was true or rumour.

The point is any destination is a risk, you just have to take your own sensible precautions and not let the worry spoil your holiday.

Go to Golden Sands Bulgaria and anywhere else would seem like a crime free utopia after :-)

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm