We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats this comics name????

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
whats this comics name????

hi can some one tell me the name of the comic that played at the palladium or maybe still does, think he was from yorkshire with white hair prob late 50's, very child friendly act with a box of tricks behind him.. is he still around? cheers for any info

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: whats this comics name????

Was it Burnette? Did magic things with fire? If so, no, sadly he died 3 years ago. He was my partner for 5 years over here!

newcastle
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: whats this comics name????

is it the bloke with the ping pong balls he was still going last year and was advertised at the palladium

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats this comics name????

not burnette, could of used ping pong balls, if i saw his name i would reconise it.. i only saw the last 10 mins of his act once and thought he was good,after years of seeing his name but never watching him, wish i had now

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats this comics name????

just done some hunting on the net and i think it was bobby diamond.. any thoughts on him anyone?

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: whats this comics name????

Ok, Bobby Diamond. He´s back here again, on at Sandras at the moment a few nights a week.

newcastle
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: whats this comics name????

thats him bobby diamond his picture was still up in october at the palladium

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: whats this comics name????

don´t try the palladium for cabaret. it´s gone piano singalong bar now!!! new owners again!

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whats this comics name????

Think you'll find that it's same owners at the Palladium. They have realised that cabaret is losing money in this economic climate. That comes from the owner.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: whats this comics name????

Is it??? Oh dear!!!

10. Re: whats this comics name????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm