We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alicante Area

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alicante Area

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Alicante, simply because is easy flight from where i live.

Last year I went to Costa Brava, a small place called Fornells and was very pleased. Unfortunately they do not fly there any more from my location.

I'm after a relaxing quite holiday, so Benidorm is a no go...is there anywhere within 1 1/2 hrs from Alicante airport (by the coast) where any one can recommend for a nice holiday with places to visit.

thank you

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Costa Brava
Costa Brava
Province of Girona, Spain
devon
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alicante Area

Hiya,

You could try either Calpe, which is nice, but can get busy, or Altea.

Both are around 45mins to an hour from Alicante.

I like both, Altea is nice, although the beach is more stone than sand, which Im not keen on, but it has nice restuarants and little shops.

Calpe is now a smaller version of Benidorm now if you ask me, but not so hectic re the clubs and bars.

Hope this is of some help, if you want anymore info just let me know... :-)

Mentioned in this post
Calpe
Calpe
Costa Blanca, Spain
Altea
Altea
Costa Blanca, Spain
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alicante Area

I like Los Alcazares which is about 1 1/4 hr drive from Alicante towards Cartagena. Lots of bars and restaurants and nice beach. Also about 40 mins from Murcia and Cartagena - both interesting places.

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Cartagena
Cartagena
Cartagena District, Colombia
Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alicante Area

La Cala Finestrat is a 35 minute taxi ride and although it's is a tourist resort it is very quiet and only €1.20 to Benidorm on the bus if you fancy a nosey. Transfer a plentiful at under €10

Germany
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alicante Area

I you like the small places, try the coast north of Calpe (Benissa, Moraira)

Mentioned in this post
Calpe
Calpe
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benissa
Benissa
Costa Blanca, Spain
Moraira
Moraira
Costa Blanca, Spain
norfolk
Level Contributor
888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alicante Area

You could try El Campello, it is about 25 mins from Alicante Airport, we go there often and it is a lovely relaxing area, it also has good tram conections to Alicante and Benidorm so you can explore the area quite easily, if you like the look of it don't hesitate to ask if you require any more info.

Regards.

Jean.

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm
Level Contributor
613 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alicante Area

If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful holiday, Guardamar is nice and only a short journey from Alicante going the other way, we have a caravan down there and go for the odd weekend to chill out, it also has lovely beaches.

Eve

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
7. Re: Alicante Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 17:17