We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Hopper?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
541 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Hopper?

Has anyone used this transfer company recently? We used them in the past and were let down by them on the return pickup. They seem to have had bad reviews on this site, the reason for asking is they seem to be the transfer co used when booking with Travel Republic where we have got a good deal, don,t want to be let down again, any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Hopper?

I used them in November and they were spot on, I will be using them in Oct ober also, did you ring up the day before you were leaving to confirm with them like they request?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Hopper?

Used them in March through Travel Republic. Excellent service. Any bad reviews about Resort Hoppa there may have been in the past are now far outweighed by many recent favourable reviews.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Hopper?

I also booked through Travelrepublic and had no problems whatsoever. Didn't even have to phone the day before because they posted a pickup time in our hotel the day before.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Hopper?

The problem of not picking up for the return trip even when people had confirmed by phone as requested was the one that all the complaints were about but have to admit they seem to have overcome this problem of late as not heard of any complaints for a while.

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Hopper?

My mum had a terrible experience with Resorthoppa although in fairess it was a couple of years ago now. She's an OAP and her flight was something like 12pm and they wanted to pick her up about 6 hours before departure as they had messed up with the buses and the later ones were full.

She declined and had to pay for a taxi, all Resorthoppa offered her was a free one way transfer the next time she was there so there was no way she was gonna accept that.

She nor anyone in our family have ever used them since but like I said it was a while back and the reviews of late seem to be more positive.

London
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Hopper?

Hi, just got back from Beni today. Used resorthoppa again booked through travelrepublic. We used them in March too, we didn't have to call them the day before as they faxed the hotel both times to confirm. I would say that they are very rarely on time for the return journey, I think this is because we stay in the old town so are usually the last or nearly last pick up. Because we have used them so many times in Spain and Portugal, we don't panic as they have always turned up but another couple waiting with us were very stressed and looked near to tears, it was only the fact that we weren't panicing that made them stay and wait. I think they would have been getting a taxi if they had been waiting alone as the coach finally turned up 15 minutes late, we still got to the airport in plenty of time though. I suppose you get what you pay for and for around £10 pp return we really can't complain and will be using them again.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Hopper?

All the negative reports of Resort Hoppa seems to be from years back and it is grossly unfair to see these constantly being resurrected.

ALL current and recent reports about Resort Hoppa on this forum have been favourable and these are what prospective customers should take note of and not those of experiences years ago.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Hopper?

They are not from years back, they were mainly from last summer and it was a bad problem being left without a return to the airport, but as I have said they seem to have sorted it now.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
541 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort Hopper?

Thanks to everyone for your comments, hopefully resort hoppa now seem to have sorted this problem out and we now feel better about using them again will let you know the outcome of our trip.

manchester
Level Contributor
988 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort Hopper?

Broadacres I agree with you on this one.there is a vast amount of information on this site about resort hoppa and the best/cheapest way to get to and from the airport,much of it years old and out of date.I tryed to make a suggestion a while ago, that it would be of more use to bump up a recent and relevant thread instead of just telling people to type "transfers" into the box.Well I nearly got my head ripped off lol.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm