We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gutted im home........

leeds in uk
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
gutted im home........

just returned after a week of fun nd relaxation...yes relaxation in benidorm..stayed at hotel presidente and cannot fault it at all...food,staff and hotel fantastic..went to see crissy rock and rikki stevens at uk cabaret club...crissy wa on top form,sides were hurting..rikki stevens material was a bit dated until the monkey..i was in hysterics...only pitfall was prices in club.Pint of lager and a malibu nd coke 9 euros...spent day on beach dead opposite tiki beach bar and pinnochios....great to be able lay on beach and listen to live act thru day...also it was only1.5 euros a pint all day...good value bar with cabaret was tommys.Happy hour all day nd nite every day...got 2 vodka nd cokes nd 2 malibu nd cokes for 6 euros..some good acts as well ..saw francisco jackson,rose peters.the temptations and many more good acts...one that i didnt find funny at all was a guy called jason kane (i think thats his name)..he gave u the impression he didnt even want to be there..there was a decent crowd in that nite as well...ne way we all have our off days..all in all a good break and we were lucky we had the weather as well..

liverpool,england
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gutted im home........

i know the feeling...arrived home last Monday and having withdrawal symptoms already!!

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: gutted im home........

Glad you had a good time.

Shame you didn't enjoy Jason Kane, he's Benidorm's longest serving comedian/act, he's been here 30 years!!! But as you say, maybe he was having an off day!!

holland
Level Contributor
469 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gutted im home........

God forbid if there was a major fire at the benidorm balloon stockist.

JASON KANES career would be in tatters .He sings a racist song [black is black] gets 4 couples to sit and pump said balloons and then drink a pint quickly and that has been his act for the last umpteen years.No wonder he always looks pi$$ed off, LOL He is probably bored $hitle$$ with his crap act and cant wait to get off stage ASAP. Saying that ,,,, first time you see him is mildly amusing the emphasis being on mildly but WOODY BROWN is something else AAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: gutted im home........

His proper show at places such as Tommys etc is a comedy show. The show that Tattyhead is referring to is the "late night adult" show that he used to do at Cafe Benidorm. He doesn't sing Black is Black (racist song?) during the proper shows either.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gutted im home........

If you think Black is Black is a racist song you need help mate!!

stlyrics.com/lyrics/bobby/blackisblack.htm

Wammy also sings it at the end of his act at the Rock and Roll house, mind you Wammy was actually part of the group Los Bravos, who performed it originally, when it reformed in the 70's!

Best Regards - Taggy

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
859 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gutted im home........

Hi Taggy, How did Black Blackburn do on Saturday? lol

holland
Level Contributor
469 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gutted im home........

sorry lisa.i stand corrected if JASON HAS a REAL ACT.i have seen him many times and it has always been the balloon skit.I have come to the stage where i bypas any club he appears because i have done it seen it etc. i am over on saturday and now will visit one of his shows and see the REAL JASON although knowing my luck. i will be sat on a chair pumping balloons up with my bum.. As for TAGGYS swipe that i need help i only mentioned racism [wrongly on reflection] coz i couldnt think of another way to describe that song he always sings on each and every performance.For those that dont know he sings...Black is Black WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK. Now senor taggy as someone who has been to Bernard mannings club many many times i was not trying to get on my high horse over the song VIVA BENIDORM.

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
905 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gutted im home........

I, too, saw Jason Kane in August, having seen him in previous years, and actually thought he had lost the plot. He kept repeating himself, saying the same things and telling the same 'jokes' during the show. Someone suggested he was drunk and people were walking out until there was only our group of 10 and another party of 5 left, it was actually embarassing. Certainly wouldn't go to see him again, think it's maybe time he retired.

leeds in uk
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gutted im home........

alice that is exactly how he was with us.it was as if he couldnt wait to get to the end of his set and he was forgetting stuff then repeating himself..it was in tommys and half of the room went and listened to bristol billy on the karaoke in the other room which was far more amusing than jason kane

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: gutted im home........

Lol, Bristol Billy is always more entertaining in Tommys than whatever's on in the other room!!!

Jason's act at Gigolos and Tommys doesn't involve balloons and Black Is Black. That is all I'm saying about that bit! Whether his act is good or bad or dire or fabulous is up to the person watching. I suppose it depends whether he's having a good or bad night himself! He is 65 you know!!! LOL

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm