We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Assistance

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
556 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Assistance

Flying from Glasgow to Alicante and return with Globespan.

Don't need assistance on leaving Glasgow but do need assistance on arrival at Alicante.

Much the same on the return journey. Can manage to check in and get to the gate at Alicante but most definitely need assistance on arrival at Glasgow.

Have tried the websites but can't find whether to contact Globespan or the Airport authority.

Any advice, please ?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,273 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Assistance

This is the Aena website, there is info on assistance for reduced mobility passengers. Hope it helps.

www.aena.es/csee/Satellite…

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Assistance

Thank you so much, Pavoreal.

The Spanish end was my main worry and your link seems to give me what I need. Not entirely sure travel will be possible yet but the link seems to give me what I need.

Hope someone can help me with the UK end.

Thanks again ,

Helen

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Assistance

Your airline should be the ones to contact first I think.. The standard of care in Spanish airports is very high. You may be better using the complete service both ways.

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Assistance

If you contact BAA, who own Glasgow Airport, they should be able to advise on what help is available.

Merseyside UK
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Assistance

Not sure about Glasgow airport,I mainly travel from Liverpool with my wife,who is disabled,when I book flights there is a facility to request assistance on the booking page.Never had any problems,airport staff more than willing to help.Never had any problems with spanish airports,very helpful.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Assistance

There was a European law passed earlier this year, or last year, which means that all European airports have to provide adequate assistance to wheelchair users.

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Assistance

Globespan do have a helpline number for passengers requiring assistance it,s on their website. Have a good time.

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Assistance

I posted the original message when our booked flights were with Globespan, but requested assistance when we re-booked with Easyjet. We had no problem with the assistance at Glasgow. Excellent service both outbound and inbound. Again there was no problem on arrival at Alicante but on the return journey we checked in at Terminal 2 and the Assistance came with the wheelchair but I was then told it was my responsibility to get my husband to the Departure Gate. I am a pensioner myself, overweight and unfit (which I know is my own fault) but by the time I had pushed the chair from Terminal 2 through the length of Terminal 1, wandered about looking for the lift up and got through Security, I wa on the verge of collapse myself. From the Gate to the plane the assistance was fine but I dread to think how we would have coped at Alicante if I had been even slightly more unfit than I am.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Assistance

Do they automatically come to help with your luggage when you arrive at the airports, or do you have to actually go and find someone to help you?

Best Regards - Taggy

manchester
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Assistance

Easyjet surpass themselves yet again, perhaps the sooner these go under the better! read on another post they were the only company to leave passengers high and dry at manchester airport yet again today, thankgod I don't need to rely on these clowns to fly me to Benidorm, better the devil you know. John

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm