We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

england
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

Does anybody know whether the air traffic controllers strike is going ahead at easter, or has it been called off ?

Thanks

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

Hope not, we going for a hen weekend good friday!!!

Jo

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

Anyone living over there any wiser ?!?

Panicking now, can't find anything on net, just one post sayin that spanish air traffic control were threatening strike but that was posted in Jan 10.

Jo

wales
Level Contributor
183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

do you know the dates we,r goin 31 march

england
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

I read about the strike in UK newspapers back in Feb this year, I also saw this www.costa-news.com/index.php…

Although I cannot see any recent mention of the strike, all seems to have gone quiet. I would just like to know in advance so I can be prepared if it does happen.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

The french ones are striking and it is affecting spanish flights, mine last night was 3hours 20 mins, instead of 2 hours 10. The pilot has to fly a differnt route.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

Hi Loppy66

When are you travelling? I have just emailed my friend who works for servisair within the airline industry. She is going to find out for us.

Hopefully though no news is good news!!

Jo

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

Not looking good. Translated from the AENA website... today's press release:

"Aena (Spanish Airports and Air Navigation) regrets the decision today by the union representing air traffic controllers to stop the negotiation, only a week after both parties signed a joint statement pledging to use the path of negotiation and in which the union USCA, which holds that representation, expressed commitment to ensure social peace."

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

My friend who is based at Manchester and handles most flights has had a look into it and theyve not heard anything...so fingers crossed!!

Jo

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

From the USCA (Spanish air traffic controllers union) homepage (and again translated by Google) - www.usca.es

"Given this scenario USCA has decided to postpone the timetable for negotiation, in any case reiterating their commitment to the Easter service."

Fingers crossed...

Marion

england
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alicante airport Air Traffic Controllers Strike

Hi Jo

Flying from UK to Alicante 30th March returning to UK 4th April, just keeping my fingers crossed that the strike doesn't take place.

Thanks to all you guys on this forum for the latest info keep me informed please

Edited: 24 March 2010, 19:57
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm