We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blanket Trips...what about them

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Blanket Trips...what about them

I read a bit about the Blanket Trips, in the Benidorm free avtivities.

What are these trips....Do one will need to buy something. Are these trips for locals only.

Thanks

thesegmrs......Anthony

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

these trips are for tourists ,they are a great way to get around and sightsee for free , you dont have to spend anything , no sales pressure at all just a friendly demonstration of wool blankets , lasts about half an hour and they give you a free drink , just sit there patiently while its over sipping your drink , , they take you to various places of interest around benidorm , some are full day some half day , some even take you to a free show , very popularare these trips , some people go nearly every day , picks up near your hotel and drops you back at same place ,

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

Thanks Mallcum

looks interestimg then.i thought it is something that after all you have to buy a blancket which after all while on holiday one will not find space in his luggage .

Anyway how one can book of catch one of these tours then.

We are be staying in Hotel Esmeralda.

Can we get tickets from hotel.

Regards

thesegmrs.....Anthony

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

you can not purchase a blanket to bring home , they are delivered to your home when you return from holiday , to book ask your reception or there are people standing about who will book you on one ,

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

Whats the general age group of the people that go on these? I have wondered about going on them but hubby would have a fit if I dragged him on a trip full of OAP's (no offence).

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

think the green tour only accept over forties , hardly a stag experience

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

Dear Mall

Green Tour and Blanket Tour are they the same thing?

Anthony

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

green tour are one of the blanket trip companies , think the other is called toscana tours ,

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

went on one of these trips trying to sell the memory foam matress and bedding got a free glass of something fizzy then the lady started talking it lasted well over an hour ,she never took a breath ,there was also a spanish girl assisting her who after the sales talk got on the coach with us and continued to try to sell us lotions and potions,we will never go on one again rather pay for the trip.so unless your husband is very patient as mine is not i would not bother .i must admit i had seen a train station near by and was ready to escape and catch the train back .

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

Hi looking

Y ou have realy made me laugh... I have always belived that no one will give anything for free....even getting something with money many times one don't even get the value for money spend ...lololol.

Have a nice weekend

Anthony

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blanket Trips...what about them

Your message bought back memories of when my husband and I went to Teneriffe, we went on a "foam"one and was bored to death, after we escaped we walked back sooner than risk another boring talk somewhere else. It had taken us 40 minutes to get to this place and we walked back in 15 minutes, goodness where they actually took us.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm