We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Topic
Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

Got 2 friends staying here booked flight with Thomsons and hotel independently Got to give Thomsons full marks they have told them they will pay for hotel and upgrade them to full board till they can get them home !!!!!

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

Well done to Thomson then.....

That's the way that Customers deserves to be treated.

These are the type of firms one must trust to book his holidays in the future.

But sure many others firms includes some Insurances showed in this Volcano Problem that they are just A Rip-Offs......

So we all holiday makers must learn from this disaster to many holiday makers.

Good Day

Anthony

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

Sorry Bah thought my post was posted here lololol.

Anyway im posting it here too....

Great Bah

i am sure your Tread will get on getting comments for a long long time

As i said we can learn a lot from each other comments and advises.

What we realy need here is that we all will give the real facts and truths about airlines....Holiday Accomodation Booking Agencies and Travel Insurances...

Only this will helps to keeps encourage us to continue on planning our own holidays.....and naturaly we save lot of money by this .

Hope by time of my visit to Beni for the first time all get to normal.

Again my flights were booked online with Ryanair and again my hotel was booked also online with Travel Republic.....What i can say is that so far......(fingers crossed) i have never met with any problems with any of them.

Have a nice day

Anthony

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

Well done Thomson, I hope they get the praise they deserve through the press when the holiday makers get back home.

south wales
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

Yes well done thompson,and also easy jet they transfered us to another date free of charge and return with no cost well done easy jet

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
824 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

well we are with easyjet and they are a "%&()$%¿? disaster,you cant contact them --there is no helpline,if you manage to get a phone no --its constantly engaged.the website doesnt tell you nothing --only that your flight is cancelled.they dont tell you if they will pay your accomodation if your flight is cancelled .at least they should try to inform us of whats going on

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

http://www.flightradar24.com

This link provided shows currently Lufthansa planes flying across England.

Why not our planes???

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

Cabby

According to NATS:

'Overnight the CAA, in line with new guidance from the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) decided flights above the ash cloud will be permitted in the UK; between 1300-1900 this will enable aircraft movements above 20,000ft in UK airspace.'

Lancashire
Level Contributor
544 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

Hi www46, see your having trouble contacting EasyJet. Try this website Getsatisfaction.com/easyjet this was the only way we ould get any help from them when our holiday went pearshaped at xmas because of the snow. They have EJ employees on the forum to help you, and they seem a lot better than the customer services dept. Hope this helps you to sort things out.

Scotland
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

We should use this thread to aquire quality information thta we can not only learn from but use to excercise our choices in the future

Package operators: Who supported passanges and who did not?

Independent travelers:

Which Airline supported and which did not

Which hotel booking site supported and which did not?

Insurance companies

Which admitted liability and agreed payouts?

Who used the Actof God / Exceptional curcusmstances Get Out of Jail card?

We need to know as consumers and potential victims !

10. Re: Best and Worse Airlines in this chaos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 07:16