We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sol pelecanos (theft rate )

YORKSHIRE
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sol pelecanos (theft rate )

Staying at sol pelecanos in september this year, we are a bit worried about reviews on thefts at the hotel. does anybody know if they is a high level of this going on there. I thought they had security guards is this true.

thanks

northumberland
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

you will find the thefts if any will happen outside as you come of your coach or as you get back on just dont leave your bags unatended have never herd of anything gettin pinched from the rooms

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

Im not sure how to go back to other posts on this site regarding the pelicanos thefts .Not so long ago on here it was rife not only folk getting there things stolen in the lifts but in the rooms as well.Infact if im correct one lady was in her room when the door opened with no forced entry so maybe its someone from the hotels thats doing the stealing .maybe someone can merge the last topic about the pelicanos thefts .Regards mazza

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

Friend of ours had their case pinched from the luggage room while we we there in Sept 08. But we have stayed there twice and find it to be a good hotel.

jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

What a worry we are going there next thursday, someone else said they got pick pocketed in entrance on way to check in, I also read that review about someone entering room whilst lady in there, its quite put me off this hotel now.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

Dont be put off Benidorm is very safe. Sometimes with Forums you only hear bad points but see good points in reviews. The Pelicanos is a good hotel not to far from the nightlife.

scotland
Level Contributor
446 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

try not to worry just be carefull of were you put your bags wallets exetra,this hotel is a great hotel,im sure you will have a great time,wish i was going again this year but trying somewere different for a change.

YORKSHIRE
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

Cheers for replies, whats the safes like in this hotel, and do u think they is anyway anyone else can get in them

cheers

england
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

we have just come back from the pelicanos and feel i should warn you whilst we were there we had money stolen from our SAFE it had to be a member of staff as the money was stolen from 3 separate wallets there was a fair ammount of money in there and they took £20 from one £70 from another and £50 from another it was only because we had taken the money out that morning and counted it that we knew for sure exactly what was there also in the room was mobile phones 3psp and mp3 players and none of thet was taken they would have got away with it had we not all checked the money that morning the manager refused to discuss it with us even though we went to the police station with our rep she refused to give us a computer printout that tells you every time the door is opened and if a staff card is used they know which rooms they have been into and at what time how long they were there ect she told us if we didnt like her response she pointed at the door of the hotel and told us if we didnt like it theres the door also there was lots of talk of people being pickpocketed in the lift they wait for the coaches to arrive they have suitcases and get in the lifts by the time u get to the room your wallet could be gone be very very careful

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

Hi teetee

So sorry you had a very bad experience at the pelicanos/ocas .I hope it wont put you of going back as not all hotels are like that but the pelicanos has been getting lots of bad reviews regarding the same thing ..mazza

Edited: 17 June 2010, 06:43
Coventry
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sol pelecanos (theft rate )

I went to this hotel 3 years ago and 1 of our party had their safe robbed . As highlighted in previous posts the management were not interested . Since then I have noticed on this forum a trend re thefts at this hotel in the guise that there is a spate for a few months and then it stops before starting again a few months later . It all suggests to me to be staff/friends orienated . Suspect these people back off when the Hotel management finally start taking an interest in whats going on before resuming their activities at a later date . Since 3 years ago I have used different hotels in Beni ( Flamingo Oasis , Rio Park , Rialto and the Ruidor )with no problems .

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm