We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet cancellations

devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Easyjet cancellations

Have anyone had a flight cancelled by Easyjet in the past? If so could you please tell me if they refunded all of your fare including taxes. Mine was cancelled due to the ash and I am still waiting for a refund and just wondered as I heard that Ryanair does not refund the tax part of the fare. janman.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
541 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet cancellations

Our Easyjet flight was cancelled at Xmas due to the snow disruption, it took a few weeks to get the refund, but we were repaid in full.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet cancellations

How can the airline not refund the tax part of your booking. the tax is an airport tax, seeming you didnt use the airport you cant be charged for it. we lost our money in jan, due to snow, flights cancelled, but flight was rescheduled within 12 hrs, not that we could even get to the airport. the airlines know all the tricks and laws of how to avoid paying compensation. best luck mate.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet cancellations

Think it's the other way around. If you cancel your booking, you lose the fare. Theoretically you are entitled to a refund of the taxes & charges. However Ryanair, and I presume other lost cost airlines, have introduced an administration charge which usually exceeds any refund that might be due.

devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet cancellations

That's what I heard about Ryanair,that they charge an administration charge that is the same as any tax that would be due back but perhaps it only applies if the passenger cancelled the flight. I think it will take a fair time to get my refund as they had to cancel or reschedule 750000 flights in the five days of the ash turmoil. Thank you all for for your input. janman.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet cancellations

You are correct Janman this would only be in the context of one cancelling a flight of one's own accord. Where the airline cancel you are entitled to a full refund.

6. Re: Easyjet cancellations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm