We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Rio Park information please.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Rio Park information please.

Right i think i've narrowed our girlie few days away in december to the Rio park, reason.....price.

We usually stay at the pelicanos and location it is brill, but it is a lot more expensive than the Rio park.

I've read the reviews and they are good, about the food especially.

I know the location is up the yellow brick road.

Just a few questions,

1 - how far to the beach from the rip park

2 - I need rooms for 3 adults, the pelicanos rooms are very big for 3 adults, does anyone kow if the rio park is suitable for 3 adults.

looking forward to reading your replies.

thanks

newcastle
Level Contributor
216 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

hey

i have stayed at the rio park a few times it is a lovely hotel but the rooms will be quite cramped for 3 adults.

it takes about 5-10 mins to walk to the beach.

cambridge
Level Contributor
545 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

the rooms for 3 people will have twin beds and a sofa bed, about 800mts to the beach, would rather stay here anyday than the Pelicanos although my family love it, they were at the Pelicanos last October, had a room for 3, I thought it was cramped, but there were 3 single beds, no sofa bed. You get bargains at the Rio because of the size of the hotel... lots of rooms to fill... but it is good and lots of bars nearby, and not too far to the square

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

Thanks for the replies

we've stayed at the pelicanos twice before and had 3 in a room, 1st time it was cramped, 2nd time, we was in the rooms on the front and they were big, although they had no sofa beds in as well, just 3 single beds.

Don't expect to be spending much time in the room anyway.

Difference in price is £20 per person, plus the rio park is full board, so no dragging drunken women up for early breakfast.

Have to say last december when we stayed at the pelicanos, i wasn't impressed with the food.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

To be fair I have stopped in both twice, Rio Park better for food, Pelicanos for location. Personally thought the rooms were bigger in Pelicanos but both times had a family room on the front.

Thought the Rio Park was going all inclusive in November.

Mark

greenock
Level Contributor
609 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

we have also stayed in both,,peli for location for sure. the food gets better in high season, did not like rio park last time we stayed there. dont get me wrong it is a great hotel, food good. just that the yellow brick road was getting a littlt over crowded with the spanish lads on thier mopeds, and they would get angry if you asked them too move. on one occation we got into an argument with them because we wanted by with a pram, and they would not move. hads to go on the grass to get round. then the next night they came heavy handed, more of them turned up outside hotel, we stayed in hotel that night.....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

Is there another way to get down to callea gerona (sp) than down the yellow brick road.

I thought that it maybe quieter down the yellow brick road, with it being december, plus we are only there for 3 nights.

I would say 90% of the reviews on the rio park are good.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

forgot to say, we have a wheelchair as well,

omg, which do i book......................

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

I wouldnt go to rio park not with a wheelchair pushing that up and down the hill...why dont you stay in a hotel on the flat lenny make things much easier for you ..What dates in dec you want to go and are you booking flights then hotel or is it a package mazza

Edited: 03 June 2010, 07:02
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

We've stayed in the pelicanos and enjoyed it, but the food last year was a let down.

Read good reviews about the rio park, and it is coming in much cheaper,

but it was only last night, when reading a few more reviews, did a few mention the hill, and we have a friend who is in a wheelchair, (not all of the time, she can walk) like when we go from pelicanos she can walk to yellow brick road, but when we go to the old town she needs it.

Not doing a package as were only going for 3 night, it's flight with easyjet from liverpool.

Then booking a hotel and a transfer with dave

Rio park is £441 for 9 people (same price for 8 people ) 3 nights f/b

pelicanos is £474 for 8 people h/b

Only other ones coming up are the primavera park

prince park

magic rock

poseidon complex

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Rio Park information please.

sorry want to go 3rd december for 3 nights

8 girls

3 rooms a 1x2 and 2x3

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm