We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norovirus

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Norovirus

Hi all on reading the recent reviews for the regente hotel i think the norovirus is back at that hotel .Just read a few reviews there and a lot of ppl have been ill ..Hope they get it sorted before the summer holidays mazza

Mansfield...
Level Contributor
761 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norovirus

I don't Know what more this hotel can do, it's spotlessly clean, had a total refurb, new flooring, soft furnishings, etc and yet people still reporting a bug there. I've stayed at The Regente on 4 occasions and never been affected, It's puzzling??? and such a shame.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norovirus

A lot of this is down to personal hygiene. I am amazed at the times people do not wash hands after using toilets, women as well as men (no I dont hang round ladies toilets, a lot of the wash facilities are shared lol) so they pee, then go shopping or go to eat and germs are spread over all surfaces etc. If hand spray is supplied at the restaurant use it, or better still get some of your own (pound shops in UK sell it) . Most of the big hotels are very aware of this bug (and the causes) so they make sure they are spotless. Regente has always had a good rep on here. Hope this helps, and you have a great and fit holiday..

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Norovirus

Wouldn't pay to much notice, it's about on par with the idiots who go out and have 16 pints then blame the kebab when they feel rough the next day.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norovirus

Alleykat..Just a question would you not take any notice of it if you had booked into this hotel due to arrive monday ...Ive family with kids going on monday and when the manager writes on this forum saying its been an on-going problem since winter kinda puts you off mazza

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Norovirus

Wouldn't pay too much notice !!!!!!

Just looked at reviews and 4 of them mention this bug in the last 10 days !!!

I would certainly be taking lots of notice that's what these reviews, forums are all about

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Norovirus

There are hand sanitisers at this hotel. Are they used by guests? No.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Norovirus

The people who always blame the hotel are the same people that drink directly from beer bottles, not very hygienic, drink directly from cans, not very hygienic, never wash their hands after using the toilet, not very hygienic, all eat out together at other bars and restaurants, all go out together to the cabaret bars, are they as clean as the hotel, have unwashed slices of lemon in their drinks, etc, etc, etc. but any bug they pick up is always from the hotel when they write a review. Well maybe it is and maybe it isn't but somehow I doubt it.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Norovirus

a similar post on another forum has been taken off ,, wonder why ??

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Norovirus

I cant believe the comment from the Destination Expert that guests at this hotel don't use the sanitizers !!!!!!!

I would be appalled it it was me or my family !!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Norovirus

Mallcum i wrote on holiday truths as well because i go between the 2 forums and know a lot of them on there use the regente hotel .But my post is still on there not sure what other forums you use ...May i just add my family are waiting on Travel Agent getting back to them with a change of hotel will contact family in morning as it was a bit late tonight to get something sorted ..Id also like to state im on here to run any hotel down but just to warn others of whats going on so they are aware now you can correct me if im wrong but this seems to be a ongoing problem at the regente hotel .. And im sure you wouldnt want your family members that have saved hard and paid well over 2.500 pounds for there main holidaty to be ruined Regards mazza

Edited: 11 June 2010, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm