We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun4u ceased trading

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
u.k.
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Topic
Sun4u ceased trading

Birmingham-based Sun4u ceased trading this morning, prompting fears more travel firms could collapse as the lates market falters.

Just such a shame when this happens.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
813 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

We are going tomorrow for 9 nights and are booked through beachsun holidays who seem to be linked to sun4u, bt on the website and phone line it says nothing about this happening? Ashley

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

Looks like they have definitely gone out of business as I notice several companies are advertising as taking re-bookings for sun4u clients! Such a shame for all those affected. Let us know how you get on Ashley!

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

i would try and ring up and check Ashley both companies have same Atol and Abta numbers !!!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
813 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

We have seen on a website called travel weekly a few of the companies that sun4u were linked with, but the one we booked through wasnt on there, but on our confirmation it gives sun 4u email address. Ashley

Sheffield
Level Contributor
813 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

Thanks bahiaboy I will give it a try. Ashley

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

Sounds like its an offshoot company of sun4u then Ashley! I would phone asap and find out where you stand, specially if you are going tomorrow! Chances are if the company you booked with has gone bust then a lot of the holidays wont have been paid to the hotels and air companies either! Fingers crossed for you that it all works out! I had to change my holiday plans at the beginning of this year cos my airline went bust so I know it must be a worry for you!

Edited: 12 August 2010, 11:13
Sheffield
Level Contributor
813 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

WE have spoke directly to the flamingo benidorm and they said we can come over and they will charge us the same as beach sun did, then we wud get a voucher to claim the money back from them. Ashley

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

I've booked through Sun4u for friends in the past and have often looked at them for me too.. I'm so glad that for my forthcoming holiday in September we have booked direct through Sol Melia for the Pelicanos as I feel a bit safer booking direct through the hotel.. We got a great deal too.. 30 odd euro's a night per room for room only.

Hope it all works out Ashley as I know how much you have been looking forward to you holiday.

Sue

West Yorks
Level Contributor
625 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

Does anyone know if this company is in any way connected with On The Beach?(got this info from another site) Have friends travelling with them on Saturday!

Calpe, Alicante...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun4u ceased trading

are hotels4u.com connected does anyone know?

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm