We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good markets in Benidorm?

England
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Any good markets in Benidorm?

Hi

We are a couple of young-at-heart seniors who are trying Benidorm for the first time for a week at the end of this month. We shall be staying at the Hotel don Pancho and wonder if there are any must-see places to visit or things to do .... and also is there perhaps an interesting market to visit, if so how would we get there please?

Advice, tips and suggestions all appreciated.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

I haven't got any tips on Benidorm but my sister and parents are at the Don Pancho now and they say that it's a very good hotel. One of the best they have stayed in in Benidorm.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
England
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

Thank you! That's nice to know. If it was warmer we'd be down in Devon where you live, fabulous place!

Mentioned in this post
Devon
Devon
England, UK
Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

Thanks, it's nice and sunny down here in Devon at the moment shame about the showers though. Still I would rather be somewhere hotter. Enjoy your hols.

Mentioned in this post
Devon
Devon
England, UK
Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

Hi Eyepye,

I stayed at the Don Pancho for 11 days at the end of April into May and indeed I found it to be a fantastic hotel, more suited to the more mature person, ideally suited for the beach, night life (you must give it a try) its a nice steady walk to the Old Town, so good that I am returning again for 11 days in October.

As all the nightlife is behind the hotel, I never experienced any noise at any time and on occasion I was not getting in until 2am

I am sure you will love it,

Edited: 07 September 2010, 16:00
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

There is a walkable (from Don Pancho) market every Wednesday and Sunday. It is situated closeby the Hotel Pueblo, anyone will give you directions, or you can follow the crowd.

There's is also a popular 'rastro' ( fleamarket) called El Cisne, held at weekends a short bus ride away. No 10 bus, ask the driver when to get off the bus, but you'll usually know by the number of folk getting off the bus for the market. They have jazz or rock bands or musicians playing in the afternoon, from about 12.30 just after midday; you can watch/listen to the band while sat having a refreshment, snack or meal, but it does get very busy sometimes.

Be careful with your money/handbag in crowded places like markets. Either, don't bother with one, or carry a small one with the straps crossing over your chest in front of you.

England
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

Hi everyone and thank you so much for all the help. We will walk into the Old Town to have a look round for sure and in the evenings we'll have a wander behind the hotel to see what's on offer. I'm also taking a note of the markets and will remember the good advice to hang on to our money/bag/wallet.

Manchester
Level Contributor
251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

hi Eyepie. Another good market is Altea which is held on a tuesday . A short bus ride on the no10 or 11, anyone will tell you . I prefer this market to Benidorm market. I know they all sell the same stuff but to me it's easier to walk around, more roomy. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Altea
Altea
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

i used to find it was all the same stuff at most of the markets.

the only ones that i thought were different were the OLD villajoyosa market

and the market at alfaz.

the rest seemed too geared towards selling to tourists.

the one at benidorm had much more stuff though.

not so sure the markets are that cheap though.

i am going to buy a wee american cardigan (the south american ones you get with animals sewn on) and some delicious Dutch soft REGALIZ (licorice)

yumm

thats the two things at the shop of my shopping list.

if you know where to find it in the UK - let me know.

9. Re: Any good markets in Benidorm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 07:35