We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last time to Beni

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Last time to Beni

After visiting Benidorm on numerous occasions over the last 15 years I am sorry to say this will be the last. I think that the whole Benidorm Holiday experience we have enjoyed as a family and then as Adults has now been spoiled by the Stag and Hen parties taking over the resort over the weekends. They seem only to be motivated by being more extreme in behaviour than other groups.of Stags and Hens. I think that Bar owners etc will make a quick buck over weekends but will see a steady decline in regular holidaymakers over the next few years. I would be interested to know if other people think the same or perhaps I am turning into an old fogie.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Ians' Restaurant
££ - £££, Steakhouse, Seafood, European
Nosh
££ - £££, Gastropub, Mediterranean
Italian Twist Bar Bistro
££ - £££, Mediterranean, European
Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last time to Beni

The recession being as it is makes stags very welcome in Benidorm at the moment. Without them I.m sure that many more bars would go to the wall. Personally I don't give a hoot who comes to Benidorm. They don't offend me in the slightest, maybe I'm not as old as you, though my son would have you believe I'm the oldest man in town.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last time to Beni

The decline of regular holidaymakers over the last 2 years is partly why the stags and hens are being welcomed with open arms in certain bars/clubs and hotels/apartments!! Things have been extremely quiet over here for the last couple of years, so in the view of the bars/clubs, any business is good business! The stags and hens spend a lot of money while they're here so the bars welcome them!!! Unfortunately this is at the cost of some of the families that have been here at the same time.

The stags and hens have always come to Benidorm, and will no doubt continue to do so because of cheap drink prices etc. There just seems to have been more of them, because of the lack of other holidaymakers over time!!

They can be a pain in the posterior yes (although some are extremely well behaved and are just here for a good time much like any other holidaymaker), but we've had to accept them over here because they're the ones bringing the money in! And as bigste says, they don't offend me either and I used to work in a karaoke bar where they were welcome and in the main they were fine!!

Edited: 20 September 2010, 18:04
Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,299 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last time to Beni

the stag and hen parties use only a small area of benidorm , plenty of room for everyone , they are not a problem

stirling
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Last time to Beni

aye too true........... but i can drink for a stag party and its starts in er, 20 hours in the flights on time

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last time to Beni

Must be an Old Fogie then. But its just not the same anymore

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last time to Beni

I've just returned from 2 weeks in Beni and can honestly say i didn't encounter any problems at all with Stag & Hen Groups. I dont frequent the Square at night, and i use a Hotel which is more Spanish in Character & Clientel than most. I'm one who gets around quite a lot on Hols and am out every evening till the wee small hours, and didn't experience a problem anywhere. The closest i got to any over rowdy behaviour was a group of lads trying to shout abuse at the Comedian Mike Curtis one night whilst he was on stage, but he's used to that and dealt with it well!

Best Regards - Taggy

Edited: 20 September 2010, 18:37
Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Last time to Beni

My thoughts too taggy perhaps Johnny can tell us in which bars he saw the problems with Stag Parties so folks can avoid them if they want !!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last time to Beni

ive been in benidorm dec/jan 1wk - april 1 wk - july 2 wks sept 1 wk home sat the 18th sept And i can honestly say yes lots a stag and hens but never had one bit of bother from these groups . July i wrote on another forum there was a party of 35 girls in the ambassador and a group of guys and not once did i hear anything bad from the 2 groups .I dont go near the square maybe thats why i dont know but all in all they have done me no harm mazzza

northumberland
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last time to Beni

been on 2 stag doos and 1 lads holiday another 1 to come next june and lots o family holidays to benidorm and never come across any probbs. when we the lads spend a lot of time up in the square and beleve me i see more hassle were i live on a sunday night in my local than i have in benidorm infact i have yet to see a fight over there

scotland
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Last time to Beni

I dont know what it is , but i seem tae keep missing these Hen partys !!!