We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

portsmouth
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

Coming over to Beni on Dec 14th again and made a booking with Travel Republic and I'm a little confused. Opted to pay £20.68 pp for checked/hold luggage but the invoice suggests we still have to pay to actually check our luggage in, £9.99 per bag per flight-it's all rather ambiguous on the invoice. We are flying on the Monarch on the the afternoon flights to and from Gatwick.

Anyone else know what the real situation is. I have taken the issue up with Travel Republic but I am awaiting a reply at the moment.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

Im not sure , but you may find you only get 15kgs weight when you book monarch through a 3rd party. Maybe the 9.99 is to take you to the full 20kgs. Just an idea.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

I'm flying Monarch 17th Dec from Man. booked direct with them.

1 Hold bag @ £12:99 each way [ 20kg ]

Booking through TravelRepublic,flying Monarch last March, I note on my past details checked hold baggage [ 20kg] was charged @£26:89.

There's a note at the bottom saying

Additional Important Information

Hold[checked-in)baggage charge between £9:99

£18 via call centreand £14:99 online

£18 at the airport[per bag per one way flight ]

Edited: 26 November 2010, 18:46
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

Sorry that £14:99 [ after centre]should have come after the £9:99[ above it] of course.

portsmouth
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

TR have replied but I don't think they have understood what I said as their reply makes no sense.

When you paid the £26.89 presumably you did not need to make any further payment at the airport?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

Correct .

Just stood in the queue and gave them my printout and passport .

You have elected to take up the hold baggage cost with Travel Republic and paid them ?

On the invoice tell me where does it say you have to pay ...again .... to check your luggage in?

portsmouth
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

Quote:

'Upon payment of the applicable hold (checked in) baggage charge, up to 20Kg hold baggage per person.

Hold baggage charge between £9.99 & £14.99 online

£18 via call centre

£18 at the airport'

We have paid (and been invoiced for £20.68 per person to check our luggage in both directions, and it looks to me like that relates to the '£9.99 to £14.99 online' price they talk about.

So it would make sense that we have paid all we need to pay, and in the reviews of TR nobody mentions any issues with baggage charges so I guess we'll be ok.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

Yes that's how I would understand it .As said we had nothing extra to pay

Level Contributor
730 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

Can you check with Monarch, tthey might be able to tell you.

Or go on line and try to bring up your booking, your reference should be on your confirmation.

Edited: 27 November 2010, 10:13
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

mogsey69 booked through Travel Republic , the booking will not come up on Monarch's site !

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Republic booking to Alicante query.

Baggage charge info / Monarch

Is there a charge for taking hold (checked-in) baggage?

Yes, all customers booking scheduled flights (flight number ZB) have to pay for each piece of hold (checked in) baggage they take.

How much does it cost to take hold (checked-in) baggage?

■Pay online and save up to 40%!

■Online (monarch.co.uk) = between £9.99 / €12,49 & £16.99 / €20,99 per bag, per one way flight. Price varies according to route.

■Call centre = £18.00 / €23,00 per bag, per one way flight

■At the airport = £18.00 / €23,00 per bag, per one way flight

■Please note: hold baggage charges are non refundable.

IMPORTANT BAGGAGE INFORMATION: Every passenger has a maximum of 20kg of hold/checked-in baggage (upon payment of applicable bag charges) this is regardless of the number of bags booked per passenger. For example, if one passenger travelling books 3 bags, the overall weight allowance for the three bags must not exceed 20kg or excess baggage fees will apply. Vantage Silver/Gold members can carry up to a maximum of 30kg after which excess baggage fees will apply.

Is hand baggage still free?

Yes, you can take up to 10kg of hand baggage free of charge.

Important: Any hand baggage found to exceed weight and size restrictions will be placed in the hold and hold baggage charges will be levied.

Hand baggage dimensions should not exceed 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (including handles and wheels)

■Can I share a baggage allowance with a partner or travelling companion?

■You may pool your baggage allowance with a partner/travelling companion (provided both passengers have paid the relevant bag fee). See examples:

2 passengers travelling, paid 1 bag fee = 1 bag only up to 20kg

2 passengers travelling, paid 2 bag fees = 2 bags up to 40kg in total, providing no one bag weighs more than 32kg.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm