We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoke free benidorm

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
smoke free benidorm

Hi all, just wondering how benidorm is now the smoking ban has come into force. is anyone about. are the bars inforcing the ban.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: smoke free benidorm

Was in a bar at midnight where they removed all the Ashtrays lols however another bar at 2am was still allowing smoking !!

It will be interesting tonight going to a Cabaret bar !!

northumberland
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoke free benidorm

just been speaking to friends who live in murcia but were in benidorm for the new year they left today and she said it was strange watchin people standing outside some pubs smoking. but good she said aswell no more stinking clothes happy days

Edited: 02 January 2011, 14:20
manchester
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: smoke free benidorm

I think its a good thing because smoking can kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUimx-kwY2k

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: smoke free benidorm

No, really David?? lol

One bar that I know of is doing nothing until someone comes in to enforce it!!! Probably a lot will follow suit, stay smoking until someone comes around to stop them..

rutherglen
Level Contributor
296 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoke free benidorm

this is the best thing that has happened in beni for a long time---when you are enjoying yourself---you can breathe normal air--bill

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smoke free benidorm

I think it will effect the entertainment bars most. the acts will suffer with people in and out all night. some comics hate it if people are talking. the bars with outside areas will be ok.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,010 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smoke free benidorm

I have spent the day in Old Town and also Altea - the bars are very nervous about people smoking. It was a delight being in them without seeing that smoky haze (I could actually see the TV....)

On the drive home up through La Nucia it was really weird seeing people stood outside to have a smoke. At the moment it is being taken very seriously.

chesterfield
Level Contributor
627 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smoke free benidorm

rugbill think u and a lot more are very disillusioned to think the smoking bill will help benidorm when during these winter months it is going to struggle anyway u r very mistaken

i predict this and the rise in tobacco prices will bring benidorm in line with most of europe,s destinations to a 6 -9month season

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: smoke free benidorm

I think you will find a few will push their luck & try and dodge the ban, but when the fines start coming in they will have to fall into line! Going to be interesting!

Best Regards - Taggy

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: smoke free benidorm

Benidorm is already on its way to becoming a seasonal resort due to quite a few bad winters. This smoking ban could be a death knell for the cabaret bars, because they don't have terraces for people to sit on and smoke and a lot of smokers seem incapable of lasting an hour or so with a drink and no cig!!!

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm