We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
570 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

I usually book separate flights, accommodation and transfers but nothing seemed to be coming up cheap so looked for a package instead. After changing the dates a few times I found a good deal with Thomsons for 1 week end of June to beginning of July at the Riudor for £265 each half board, including luggage, transfers and in-flight meals. Also, it was only £75 each deposit and no debit card charge. I think it will be packages for me if in the future if the 'cheap' flight companies keep hoisting up the extras. Just thought it was worth a mention in case anyone is looking for a bargain, other hotels and apartments were coming up cheap too.

Ali

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

I'm glad you got a bargain, but unfortunately up here in Scotland we never get the cheap package holidays like they do down in England.

Coventry
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

I have just tried via Thompson website - Ruidor via B'ham for same dates but the best is £342 !

Must be just via Gatwick that the deals are ?

scotland
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

From Glasgow £430 pp no inflight meals, no choice of seat, no extra luggage.

Going 25/06/11 1wk

Edited: 27 February 2011, 10:10
aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
374 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

I met a family i used to know when i was in Gran Canaria last year,They now live in Sweden,they said it was a lot cheaper to book their holiday from the uk (via his mums address) than it was to go from Sweden,a lot cheaper he said!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

I did get a holiday coming up for 26th July flying from Glasgow, 2 weeks F/B at Benilux Hotel £610pp.

Did a search for seperate flights and accommodation on TR and was coming up more expensive for F/B . So I suppose there are bargain packages to be had if you search hard enough.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

I think package deals only seem to work out better sometimes for couples or families, as a Single traveller i've never yet found any package deal cheaper than what i've found diy...its annoying!

Best Regards - Taggy

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

Taggy I always find it cheaper to pay for 2 adults rather than 1 adult, 1 child. Even so called Single Parent holidays can be more expensive than just paying for 2 adults.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,520 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

I agree with breenalison.

There are some good deals to be had with the big tour operators.

Especially if you are Not able to plan ahead or miss the (bargains) with the low cost airlines. Sometimes it works out cheaper to book a package holiday.

For the single traveller this usually is for a Hotel and Not an Apartment holiday.

Also agree that the higher suppliments added to Northern airports are very unfare. Multiply these suppliments by the number of passengers on a plane and it's £££££££

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

I can honestly say in all the times i've been to Benidorm on my own, not once have i found a package cheaper than what i've booked diy!

Best Regards - Taggy

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,520 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some good deals on Thomson.co.uk

Taggy, Three of my last four holidays in Benidorm worked out cheaper overall as a package with both of the large tour operators. Decent flight times, in decent hotels, decent food. Find that the big two are willing to let me have a twin room for sole occupancy rather than have the room empty.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm