We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

Bonnyrigg...
Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

Hi all - New to the Benidorm forum as my Wife and I are normally Turkey bound each year.

This year we thought about a quick 7 day hol to Beni for our first trip there. We have many friends and family that have been many times so thought we would join in the experience.

I am looking to get a late deal and the Riviera came up as either Half or Full Board for a decent price in mid June but was concerned when I read some threads about the Riviera still undergoing refurb and not yet complete.

Can anyone confirm if it is open yet and if so what it is like or if not, when it is going to be fully ready to open?

Many Thanks.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

It's not open yet but I don't think that they are far away from being ready. I passed it a couple of weeks ago and they were working hard on finishing the reception area.

Bonnyrigg...
Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

Thanks for the reply.

It seems as though the Reception area has been under construction for a while as I am sure it was still being completed on the threads I read back a few months back.

I thought the Agents could not sell accommodation on a property until it was officially opened or are they going on a scheduled date for completion and hoping that it indeed opens as expetec?

I am reluctant to book and end up being moved elsewhere that may not be to the same standard as a newly renovated environment. I have read a lot of varying reports for Hotels in Beni and want to make sure our visit is one that has as little stress as possible.

Hopefully an up to the minute report will be available soon.

Cheers.

Bonnyrigg...
Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

Anyone?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

I think the latest is mid June so you could be unlucky and get moved.

Agents always book hotels when they are still being built as they will always have a completion date. Quite often it gets delayed but sometimes things open on time! As the brochures go on sale so early you couldn't wait until the hotel opened as they would end up not featuring it at all for that year.

Anyway, back to the question, it will be a lovely hotel when open but i would only book it for June if you are happy to possibly be moved.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

I live opp the Riviera and although it is at least a year overdue I think the end is in sight,they seem to be getting to the end now in the last few weeks they have put furniture beds and curtains in the rooms and even put 30ft Palm trees outside lols

If I were to hazard a guess I would expect it to be open in June !!!!

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

Another positive to take for you is that people are posting that they cant seem to book the Ambassador as its fully booked this summer,so the option of moving folks across to there if its not ready is not available !!!! So they really do need to get it open ASAP

Bonnyrigg...
Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

Superb - Thanks to everyone that has responded.

I am away to book it now. Hopefully It will all be ready for 14th Juhe.

Fingers crossed.

It's our first trip to Benidorm so hopefully the weather will be fine and the Riviera will be up and running 100%.

Cheers.

Bonnyrigg...
Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

Now having trouble with A1 Travel as they are now wanting £376 pp on a Half Board Basis rather than the £316 advertised on Teletext (£251 advertised price + £40pp Baggage + £25pp Transfers).

Have decided to leave it for now and will re-check daily on price. All other Agents using the Riveira are quoting around the £400 pp mark.

I think I will look at alternative accomodation (Such as the Presidente etc)

Bonnyrigg...
Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

I have now got this booked after much hassle. I complained to Teletext about the advertisements on their web site and ended up progressing the booking through A1 Travel and receiving the full Holiday at cost. It still ended up more than last weeks price due to the Riveira accomodation cost going up via Altura Desitnation Services having no more "promo" room rates available.

At least it is all confirmed now.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone that stays at the new Riviera Hotel as I understand it is now fully open and operational.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Riviera Hotel - Latest developments

Definitely not open aasgmhill still lots of work going on, I overlook the Riviera and will post on here when it opens ;o)

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm