We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benidorm attraction

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,281 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Benidorm attraction

Interested to hear what is the attraction of Benidorm!

As it looks like a concrete jungle by the Sea, with a bit of sun!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Benidorm attraction

Most people dont "get it" til they've been. Loveley weather, great beaches, a variety of entertainment which is second to nowhere. Good restaurants, something for absoluteley everyone of any age. easily and cheaply accessible from all over the uk, and cheap when you get there.

It can look like a concrete jungle on tv, but it's surprising when you are there how much wide open space there actually is. I believe the Costa Blanca is one of the most healthy places in the world to live too!!!

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Benidorm attraction

Easily the most popular resort in Europe gets about 6 Million visitors a year,It just has that certain "Magic" about it

Most popular destination for Spanish tourists as well especially the Old Town with its amazing selection of Spanish Tapas bars/Restaurants ;o)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,281 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benidorm attraction

Thanks for that as I worked in the wholesale package holiday business in europe, especially Spain in the 1970's

I was interested that the UK clients could have been anywhere, as they had no interest were they where!

I was told they wanted Sea,Sun,Sand and cheap Booze!

My first time in Benidorm with a group was in May 1972, and it has not changed, from reading TA comments!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,281 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Benidorm attraction

Bahia boy, by your TA contributions you have a financial interest in the Benidorm tourist market, accordingly your comments have no sustence!

London
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benidorm attraction

If you read this forum regularly you will see that most people who were dragged to Benidorm kicking and screaming can't wait to book up for the next trip once they have actually been there. I am one of these people, I go at least twice a year now, in fact I am going in May with my hubby and in June with a group of women for a 50th birthday bash and I can't wait.

I am well travelled, including Spain (all the costas, Majorca, Tenerife) but Benidorm really does have something for everyone, the Old Town is more Spanish than anywhere else I've been to in Spain believe it or not, with tapas bars, restaurants and shops. The new town is more British with so much entertainment to chose from you are spoilt for choice. Add to this two fantastic beaches that are cleaned every night and value for money and you soon forget the skyscrapers.

I've never been able to sit on a beach front and have a coffee and a brandy for 1.50 euros or a great 3 course meal for under 14 euros - take a look at these restaurants:

http://michaelsrestaurant.es/

http://www.realbenidorm.net/paneils.html

I could go on and on but I think unless you try it for yourself you'll never know what the attraction is, one thing I have found is that most people who turn their noses up at Benidorm have never been.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Benidorm attraction

Hmmmmmmmm what kind of statement is that Nurioopta you have absolutely no knowledge of my circumstances and I am sure other Posters will inform you I have absolutely no Financial interest in Tourism or any other Business in Spain ;o)

Be careful what you post as you may start to come across as the usual Green Eyed Benidorm Troll lols

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,281 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benidorm attraction

Actually I worked there, but there are so many beautiful places to see and enjoy in the world.

I suppose my question is, why do people not travel outside their square?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,281 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Benidorm attraction

Haaaaaa! Bahiaboy I have touched a nerve!! No I am not a Troll I am interested what the atraction of Benidorm has; to have its own TA site. Nice but !

BTW I am from Liverpool UK, working on contract here in OZ

manchester
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Benidorm attraction

This prats been on before, not worth wasting time on in my opinion. Just another loser who wants to see peoples reactions. John

Runcorn
Level Contributor
914 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benidorm attraction

nurioopta outside your square were do you suggest Afghanistan?. A sarcastic statement deserves a a sarcastic answer. I have been all round the world firstly in my army days singapore, Borneo,malaya Cyprus Libiya pre Ghadafi, then civvy holidays greece cyprus again, all the canary isles . the last ten years I found Benidorm and this is the place I visit many times in the year and will do till I go to that Benidorm in the sky [ I hope ]. Steve.