We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist numbers up 16% in May

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Topic
Tourist numbers up 16% in May

Good news for Benidorm see link ;o)

typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_30…

Nottingham
Level Contributor
923 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist numbers up 16% in May

Very good news for the tourist areas of Benidorm ,

Though I get confused, I hear a lot about how bad the unemployment is here in Benidorm (and Spain in general), the fact that Brits wanting to get a job here is virtually impossible yet I walk past loads of shops run by the Chinese and a bar I went to on Monday had Polish staff serving the drinks?

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist numbers up 16% in May

That is very true Notts, all the jobs here will be word of mouth !!! Im sure others will agree I cant ever recall job adverts for any work in Bars Clubs etc

The only jobs you see advertised in papers are for tele-sales and the like !!

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist numbers up 16% in May

there are lots of foreign nationalities working in beni..polish, slovakian, rumanian, dutch n british are just a few i can think of.

there are some jobs here obviously, but most are only jobs you would do for a season maybe..a career here is harder

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist numbers up 16% in May

The bar jobs and prop jobs are a case of right place, right time, you've got to go in the bars and actually ask the managers if they need anyone!!

(apart from Tommys who have a permanent "staff wanted" sign in their window! lol)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist numbers up 16% in May

It probably helps that other nationalities can be ar***d to learn Spanish. I was in a restaurant in Calpe once, owned by an English couple. The waitress they had on duty was Russian. She also spoke Spanish, English and French.

6. Re: Tourist numbers up 16% in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm