We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

I actually think that the stags & hens are a good thing. They are mainly confined to the early months and at least half of them haven't been before and are sure to return with friends or family. Without them we would be dead and buried. I know they can be OTT but I for one am grateful they chose benidorm as are many bar and hotel owners.

Be prepared for a long thread on this subject.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

Can they come and stop at your house and party all night in the next room?

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

They could if I was a hotel. With them spending like they do and with things being so dead this winter they would be more than welcome and would probably save me from going bust and I know a few bars with the same attitude as me. Having said that, I would steer well clear if on a family holiday. It's a catch 22, chicken before the egg.

Edited: 21 May 2011, 18:57
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

Read the latest reviews from the once superb flamingo oasis Bigste to see the effect they're having, personal if I owned a hotel in Benidorm I would ban stag/hen and large single sex partys from staying at my hotel in my hotel, but I would also make it known that I was a hotel that did this, without a shadow of a doubt I would be full constantly no worries about that, obviously the food and service would have to be good to achieve this also.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

At last, a bit of support for people that spend thousands and thousands of euros in Benidorm every year!! Don't tar them all with the same brush.

As people have said before Benidorm is big enough for everyone and most stags and hens keep to the square, which is hardly taking over the entire resort is it??

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

Of course if I was a bar I would more than welcome them.

Innerleithen...
Level Contributor
553 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

sorry steve, i disagree, my money is worked bloody hard for and my holiday just as important as the stag weekend. and although we try to get over four or five times a year cos we like it. cant believe that the lads and lasses that the last sensible thought they have is when they get off the plane before they sit and get mortal for the next four days are going to remember enough about the good pubs good food and excellent whereabouts are going to come back with their family and enjoy a family holiday because they will possibly remember what arseholes they themselves were. jane

oh and we know they hang about the square and that is why we choose to avoid the bars there. but when there in the hotel that you saved hard to pay then that is not funny, cos there is no escape from them.

Edited: 21 May 2011, 19:05
wigan
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

In this economic climate, no one can turn custom down, so if Benidorm turned the stags/hens away, some other resort would welcome them with open arms.

Like BigSte says once they have been to Beni they come again and again and bring family and friends.

Just gotta avoid stayin next door to one!!!

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
542 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

I must admit we are totally avoiding Benidorm this year due to the stags and hens, and unfortunately they still come in July as we have had a holiday ruined by them.

But saying that, they are good for business I suppose?, but maybe have a hotel/hotels that don't allow single sex parties.

Is Benidorm worse this year for stags and hens?, it seems that way from reading the reviews certainly.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

Yes you can avoid them in the resort but not in your hotel, they are now infultrating what were good family hotels and totally spoiling the atmosphere with there rude loud dirty behaviour, I've read quite a few reviews about them pulling their shorts down in hotels and waving there bits, this in front of young children and also running amock knocking on peoples doors all night long, partying all night long in their rooms, read the latest flamingo oasis reviews for how they're killing a once superb hotel, also do remember this is an all inclusive hotel so they're hardly flooding money into the resort on their weekends are they.

Also I have read that the red lion has got a ride on penis installed instead of a ride on bull, classy, I wonder which crowd they did this for?

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stags - To have or not to have? That is the question

The funny thing is, in my opinion they would not return with their family and friends, you know what is funny, the reason for this is simple, they wouldn't want stupid stag/hen partys spoiling their family holiday and that my friends is a fact

Edited: 21 May 2011, 19:13