We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

Runcorn
Level Contributor
914 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

A couple of months ago when this forum were talking about crime in Benidorm I said I must go to spec savers as some of the things brought up I never accounted. Now it seems the the culprits are stags and hens. I don't know how the posters who posted on here now feel, saying how much they looked forward to coming with there groups are now being vilified. Speaking as a senior citizen all I can say is all those We have met over the years have given us joy and good humour after all they are mostly young as before we forget, we were once.Of course you are going to get some idiots don't we have them in our own cities and towns. It seems The Flamingo Oasis is getting a beating by some posters even to the extent that one head of family is trying to change his booking for here. I have been a regular many times a year to this fine hotel and hand on heart never have I encountered this behavior, I am not saying it did not happen but I just think it was unfortunate, it could have happened somewhere else and knowing some of the admin staff they will take steps to remedy this.This is mostly a family hotel and I am sure they will do it. We are out to Benidorm on Tuesday [ I will leave my rose coloured spectacles off ] or not. I will give a latest sit rep when I get back if I may. Kind regards Steve

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

Steve, me and plenty of my family have previously enjoyed the FO, read the latest reviews for it mate,

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

Thing is, people see things differently. Some are of the opinion (like yourself) we were young once and maybe we would've been the same.... some are slightly more biased!

Fair enough they do make a noise in hotels at night, but so do old people with their TVs turned up loud, women with stilettoes on walking backwards and forwards in the room upstairs, and Spanish having conversations outside your room door at silly o'clock in the morning!!!

And in the day time their "behaviour" round the pool? Are kids splashing about with lilos and balls not just as bad, jumping in and out of the pool etc?

Durham
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

Oh come on I take reviews with a pinch of salt but review after review is claiming that the hotel has problems and they're citing the exact same problem.

If we are not going to bother taking into account the reviews and information left by fellow members on forums why on earth should anybody bother to leave them anymore?

We would then be back to the world of looking at pretty pictures in a brochure and listening to the agents telling us that the 100% dump we are planning on staying in is a first class resort because they stayed there last month/week/yesterday*delete as applicable*

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

Lisa, you expect that from kids in the pool but certainly not with grown adults who 'should' know better.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

Kids jumping in and out of the pool, playing with balls, whatever next, bring back the birch. lol.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
536 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

We have stayed at the Flamingo Oasis a few years back and it was great a really nice atmosphere and no problems at all. In face we had always hoped to go back but it has always been the dearest.

When we were there my other half was told to leave the pool for wearing a plain t-shirt in the water, now it seems almost acceptable to get naked and have your bits out of display.

scotland
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

And have s+x in broad daylight in the pool ! and set the room on fire and fight with groups from different towns or countries or stand on the balcony bollck naked and shout with a loudhailer at 5am or throw bottles off the balconies or dive in the pool at all hours.. thats ok ....as they bring in money..

aye right!!

wigan
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

Oh my god !!! kids splashing about in pools with lilos, send for the guardia immediateley, let me know the name of this hotel as i can't be subjected to this while i am on holiday lol !!!!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

All I can say to the none believers is spend your money go to the flamingo oasis,maybe when you have been subjected to some of this behaviour you may not be so quick to take the mickey, and it has cost you a thousand pounds upwards for the fun of it.I went to benidorm when i was in my twenties and had the best holiday ever,now in my fifties still know how to have fun and can party like the rest, but draw the line at things that are offensive to others,dangerous situations and generally feeling uncomfortable in the company of alot of these people,remember some drunks are happy drunks and there are lot that arnt and go to far and can become quite aggressive,I am sure that a lot of people have had great holidays here and i to booked on the reviews by others which at the time were very good,somethng has obviously changed in the last couple of months and this is what needs to be addressed,this is what reviews are for!

wigan
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benidorm should I take my blinkers off

I agree that stags/hens get out of control in hotels and the hotels and authorities should clamp down and have zero tolerance but complaining of kids playing with lilos in pools is not comparable to men parading naked and swearing in hotel pools.. Come on lets be sensible with this topic.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm