We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mini diva

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
mini diva

just back from benidorm and as always had a fantastic time and saw some amazing acts....we have a 15 yr old boy in our party who has downs syndrome,like most downs kids he loves to dance and his favorite is micheal jackson.he has got up to dance with many of the acts including timeless,sister act,soul family and the spanish micheal jackson and they have all been beyond brilliant with him.untill last week when we took him to see mini micheal jackson on valentines...our boy loved it,got up to dance in an empty corner(it was 8.30 so very quiet) not bothering anybody and he got a big clap off the people there..he spent the whole next day buzzing with excitment looking forward to going back...his dad took him but mini micheal walked off the stage and refused to do his act untill our lad was made to sit down..didnt spoil his night we took him to see the temptations on the new life who ,like every other act encouraged him to dance....i cant believe the managment at valentines allowed a young kid to behave in such a way..they lost a lot of custom from us.as for mini micheal he needs a serious lesson in compassion and humility...rant over..feel better now..pat xx

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mini diva

thats a shame ,, did i see this young man dancing at the ambassador out door show ?? quite enjoyed watching him,,

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mini diva

Hi patsy, it's great to hear you had such a good time in Benidorm, it's a shame about the young dancers attitude, but glad you didn't let it spoil things for you all. Regards Lisa.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mini diva

thanks to you both ,yes he gets up to dance eveywhere...also forgot to add a big thanks to dave who put some micheal jackson on for him on the palladium on sunday afternoon after the karaeoke(and the sexy thing who done the full monty.i am still traumatized)and gave him and us all a great afternoon...best wishes...pat xx

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mini diva

This Is Mini Jackson's Manager...He Did Not Walk Off The Stage..He Never Walks Off The Stage...He Cant His Tracks Are All Mixed Into 1 So Its Impossible! And In The Past He Has Had Children Up To Dance With Him...This Boy Actually Got Up On The Dancefloor The 2nd Night He Came To See The Show And Mini Jumped Out Of His Skin! But He Did Not Walk Off The Stage....And If Your Thinkin He Only Done Half A Show Your Wrong He Does 25min Shows And Sometimes 45min Shows...In Valentines Its Only A 25min Show...

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mini diva

I would assume most Acts would certainly make allowances for people with disabilities just enjoying themselves, at least the acts i know would!

Best Regards - Taggy

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mini diva

sorry but you are wrong,he did refuse to dance..he did not jump out of his skin the 1st night, so why the second..and if it is such a usuall occurance for him to allow children to dance how do you know which night it happened ...thank you for taking the time to reply and hopefully this will help him to understand disability..best wishes .pat

Bridlington, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: mini diva

mini jackson rocks

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: mini diva

Right Well On The 1st Night Your Boy Was Dancing To The Stage Right Yes? That Is Fine But The Second Night He Got On The Floor And Mini Needs The Whole Of The Stage And Floor The DJ Does Announce Before He Goes Onstage...

portsmouth
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: mini diva

theres two sides to every story isnt there,i dont know of any entertainer who will go on stage if someone else (not meant to be is on it.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mini diva

yes.of course you are right.but as i said other acts such as timeless and sister act are able to accomodate people with disability then your lad will be able to do the same..but only if the people guideing him teach him well.im sure time and experience will help.best wishes,pat x

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm