We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The R word again

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Topic
The R word again

I see they're in the news again, and as usual it's those darn passengers to blame:

typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_30…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The R word again

Shocking ....!!!!

That baby could have died, and typically R's staff's attitude is to turn the blame on a passenger who in all probability saved the baby's life.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The R word again

I flew out of Alicante today and one Ryanair flight off loaded all of its passengers at the far side of the apron, not on an airbridge and they were having to stand there at the side of the plane, in the sun, as 1 solitary bus kept goin back and forth until it had cleared them all in to the terminal, all to save Ryanair the cost of using an airbridge, they have no regard whatsoever for the safety and comfort of their passengers, every action is to maximise their profit

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The R word again

ryan air are an economy airline .. you get what you pay for ,, wouldnt bother me standing around a few minutes if i got my flight cheaper

Wales
Level Contributor
419 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The R word again

Yeah everybody's happy to pay the cheap prices then expect a 1st class service.

Obviously the dehydration incident is a bad one and probably handled badly all round by both staff and passengers.

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The R word again

It may not bother you standing on the tarmac but it vwould if you or your partner flaked out. It has be very hot over here lately and Ry did what I'd expect from them.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The R word again

my last flight in may from barcelona to manchester with jet 2 a passenger took ill we had to land at nantes in france and were on the tarmac over two hours in baking heat with no drinks offered ,, not nice experience

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The R word again

And standing on the tarmac during a storm would make you feel????

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The R word again

Exactly Mallcum ... you get what you pay for. I only use Ryanair when its a tax free fare and then it is cheap. I don't expect anything and so am not dissapointed - its a free for all bus.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: The R word again

Are Easyjet not an economy airline, are bmibaby not an economy airline and what about jet2 as well etc etc etc, they don't make their passengers stand in the midday sun on an airport apron just to boost their profits, if you like them Mallcum then you keep using them but the young mums standing out there with babies in thier arms will no doubt think twice next time

glenrothes fife...
Level Contributor
216 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The R word again

Landed in alicante 3 days ago and had to wait at side of plane for bus ! And yes its roasting here ,cheap fares so it did not bother me

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm