We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back...

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
Just back...

Just got back...havent been in the summer before...usually go in New Year. Stayed in Don Miguel 1 again, overlooking beach at the end in Rincon, could do with a lick of paint but hey, who cares about that. Best breakfast...Barnies, and cheapest too...very good value. Weather...scorchio! Best entertainment...Dave keegan (and I'm not an Elvis fan but I do like to see Dave!) although on at 9 which was a bit inconvienient as thats about when we like to eat. Also the Cabeytu Brothers were great. Didn't see any gangs of maurading Romanians...Scotish, couldnt move for the bu*gers! Although saying that €30 did mysteriously dissappear from my pocket one night. I either dropped it or a Scotish lady who was explaining to a begger why she couldnt give him anything (as she was on the dole back home and had no money, managed a holiday, vodka and fags though) did get a little too close walking past The Red Lion. Handy if you can do it...very annoying if you get caught with it....carry cash in your front pocket and dont assume your fellow countrymen wont take you for a ride. All in all though...cracking and back for new year!

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back...

I think I take exception to your post.Do you have proof that it was the Scottish woman who took your money.It could quite easily have been the beggar or one of his friends who took it...........OR ......maybe you did drop it.

Some people DO tell beggars,time share touts etc that they're on the dole simply to get rid of them.

Are the Scots not supposed to holiday in Benidorm?What would Benidorm do without them?

Scotland
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back...

All Scottish schools started their summer break about 10 days ago – are families supposed to wait until you return home before they go on holiday !!

dumfries
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back...

how dare you label us scottish like you did you cant even spell it properly or are you just one of these people who have nothing better to do go out and get a life comon waldo where are you with your answer to this

glasgow
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back...

Sorry, but in my opion that was very offensive.

Ireland
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back...

wait te waldo sees this LOL!!!

glasgow
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back...

should have said opinion. I must be a stupid scots person.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back...

I am sorry but that is almost a racist post, if you had mentioned a black or a pakastani then the political correctness police would be knocking on your door, however because it was a racist remark to a scotsman its ok? I think not.

If you think Benidorm is busy with scots just now, wait until a week on saturday, scotland will be dead...and I will be one of them :-)

I am glad you'll probably not be there to spoil my and my fellow country men's holiday by tainting our good name, but if you are, please make yourself know, I am sure you would be a very populour ;-)

sunderland
Level Contributor
587 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back...

I'm not even scottish and found this thread to be rude !no apologies from offending poster either.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back...

I think you may of taken that a little too seriously...

I just noticed there were a lot of Scottish there, I didnt say it was a bad thing.

As for the money thing, I was just trying to get over the point to be a little careful wherever you are, not just in front of the Romanian families who have taken alot of the blame on here, all that I said was that I didnt see any of that and keep your witts about you at night. The same as in any big city at night...including mine. I'm glad I didnt upset any Scots when I was over there after that reaction! They were all very pleasant. Still, never mind, now stop scowing, start smiling and chill out a bit!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back...

To be fair, you were quite clearly trying to imply that the scottish lady got to close when you lost your money...you dont need to be sherlock holmes to work that one out.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm