We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi ALC-Benidorm

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi ALC-Benidorm

I am looking to book a taxi in Oct '11 to benidorm from alicante and would like to know if there are any recomendations regarding cheap but reliable transfers. Its my first holiday with my gf but not ever. Had loads of hols with parents, a few to benidorm and we always went on coach through thomson etc. We've booked with jet2 flights and with the hotel direct so its just the transfers to sort.

Any Help would be apprectiated thanks!

P.S I have contacted dgutte who stated that he was fully booked for the dates we want (6/10-13/10)

La Orotava, Spain
Level Contributor
609 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

Interesting that someone thinks 113 quid is expensive for a private return transfer for up to 4 passengers.

Works out about 94p per KM before costs are deducted such as Petrol, toll costs, insurance, licence to carry passengers, vehicle servicing and repairs, then or course there is the VAT. Plus the loss or revenue from the cowboys (Usually the red faced drivers with the stearing wheel on the wrong side of the car, often still over the limit from the night before with no valid insurance to carry fare paying passengers, no MOT or valid Tax Disc) Last time I sat outside Alicante airport in April for an hour we played spot the dodgy Taxi game and in an hour counted 18 or them. After all the costs the proper legal Taxi drivers have to earn a living too!

warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

just looked at www.alicanteprivatetravel.com aug 12th ret to benidorm 120 euros which i think is a fantastic price

Edited: 29 July 2011, 09:43
Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

What a ridiculous statement

(Usually the red faced drivers with the stearing wheel on the wrong side of the car, often still over the limit from the night before with no valid insurance to carry fare paying passengers, no MOT or valid Tax Disc)

Would you have us believe that you were checking everyone's driving documents !!!

Never ceases to amaze me this,seems anyone giving anyone a lift to and from the airport here in Alicante is a potential rogue Taxi Driver

La Orotava, Spain
Level Contributor
609 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

lizzybetblue - Did you mean www.alicanteprivatetransfers.com not travel?? 60 euro each way is pretty good for August about 52 quid seems a fare rate for a private transfer rather than the cattle truck option.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

yes i did mean them sorry blonde moment

lizzy

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

Each to their own, i'm quite happy to pay 7 quid to sit in an air conditioned mini bus and be in Beni in an hour. Money saved buys a couple of meals or whatever. The "Cattle truck" option suits me just fine. Got to agree that the taxi fare is a fair one for the distance.Where do you get your "facts" about rogue taxi drivers as you put it? Very interesting comment. If you know this is happening and they are over the limit surely you have a moral obligation to report drunk drivers to the police?

Brighton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

Just as a warning, I've just returned from a trip to Benidorm with my 16 year old son, and had a terrible experience with Shuttledirect, both ways, and would not recommend them to anyone. We waited nearly two hours for the bus on the way there. The place where we waited was virtually deserted, and it was very hard to get any information from anyone. I kept returning to their desk in the airport, but just kept being sent back downstairs and told we were waiting for another flight to come in. The way back was even worse - I called to get the time of the transfer two days before, as requested by the company. They told me we would be picked up at 5.00pm from outside the hotel - my flight was scheduled for 10pm, which meant we'd be waiting for 4 hours in the airport. Not much of a service! Still, we waited outside the front of the hotel as requested from 4.45, to make sure we weren't missed. We stood on the terrace next to the main door of the hotel, overlooking the road, as it was in the shade on a burning hot day, but we were visible from the pavement. We waited til 6pm, nothing came. I went to phone the emergency number and was greeted by the rudest man I've ever spoken to who is supposed to be part of a service industry. He told me the coach was well on it's way to the airport and implied it was my fault for not calling sooner, said that they had come to pick me up and accused me of lying to him about having been there at the right time. He told me I would have to make my own way to the airport - no apology, no politeness or concern whatsoever. Certainly no offer of a refund. It turned out, the driver had walked past us, through the main door to the hotel reception, got his card stamped by the guy at reception to say he'd called for us and left without us. We were the only two people on the terrace, and we had large suitcases next to us - he must have seen us! Fortunately, because they had arranged to pick us up so early, we had time to get a taxi to the bus station and get the bus to alicante, which runs on the hour every hour - if I'd have known this option was available before I booked the trip, I would definitely take it - it's easier and more reliable, and you are likely not to hang around for so long. Had we not had so much time to play with, it could have been a much bigger disaster. Fair enough if some of the people here have had good experiences with Shuttledirect, but I will never use them again, and will make sure people I know don't book with them, because I wouldn't want anyone else to go through the experience I had. It was a very stressful end to what was otherwise an enjoyable holiday.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

Its usually Resorthoppa where people have had these kinds of problems over the past. I've travelled with shuttledirect many times and never had a single problem and have always found them friendly to deal with both at the airport & on the phone. So i'm certain your experience is not typical of their service, it looks like you have just been unlucky, i guess all companies have probs now & then.

The thing that does puzzle me a bit though, is you mention that the driver must have walked past you into the hotel reception without seeing you. Did you not see the coach pull up outside?...I always check with the driver of any coach that pulls up when i'm waiting if its for me or not. Which hotel were you in?

Best Regards - Taggy

norfolk
Level Contributor
837 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

We are back from our holiday and Prestige Tours treated us very well at a very reasonable cost, there were 10 of us including 2 babies and 2 children who needed booster and car seats which Prestige Tours supplied.

It was our 40th wedding anniversary and the driver gave us a card and a bottle of Cava from the company, which I thought was a lovely gesture.

We have been let down before with our transfers from another company and although I do not believe in wasting money I like the "assurance" that we will be looked after and am prepared to pay for it, I do not have the fortitude nowadays to be standing on a street corner at an unearthly hour wondering if our transfer will turn up, all I ask is a reliable company at a reasonable cost and Prestige Tours delivered for us.

Regards,

Jean.

Brighton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Taxi ALC-Benidorm

Taggy, I didn't see any coach pull up outside, and we were keeping our eyes peeled for anything that looked vaguely like a coach stopping anywhere near our hotel. I still don't know where the coach pulled up, but it wasn't in view.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm