We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corona del mar or villa del mar?

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Corona del mar or villa del mar?

Hi all, planning on going to Benidorm for the first time in August, myself, the other half, 2 kids, 10 & 13. We usually like at least a 4 star hotel that's central, i.e. you can wonder down the road to restaurants & shops, close-ish to the beach if possible, has decent evening entertainment, and probably half-board, but struggling to find anything.

The 2 that I've narrowed it down to are the corona del mar and the villa del mar. Has anyone been to both, can you comment on the merits of either? I assume that both hotels have sofa beds as the extra 2 kids beds, are there any hotels that do a proper 4 bed room?

Any help much appreciated, seem to have been going round & round in circles trying to find something.

CO. DURHAM
Level Contributor
243 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corona del mar or villa del mar?

been to villa del mar and we to going in august. Fabulous hotel, beautiful rooms and decor, only feet from the beach. quite area. Sadly poor evening entertainment and no indoor seating area (no lounge) except at night down stairs bar. Personally we dont really mind but doesnt suit everyone. But the bonus is you can use faciilities in other magic hotels, theres a free shuttle bus and you can eat and drink etc. if all inclusive in them. so you get much more for your money.

Ellon, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corona del mar or villa del mar?

Hi,

Stayed at Corona del Mar, twice, good comfortable hotel but pricey. Rooms were double bed with a sofa bed, no idea what 4th bed would be.

Has a nice bar and entertainment area, with the usual holiday entertainment !

Was off season and full of older age group couples, don't know what high season is like but cant imagine it being much different, and not sure what there will be for 10/13 year olds.

There is a good review dated 3rd July this year on the T.A review page, from a group of 11 who may be better able to answer your questions. Why not try contacting them with a message.

Bob

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corona del mar or villa del mar?

Thanks for the replies, but not really what I wanted to hear :( means I have to go round in more circles. To change topic slightly, are there any 4*+ hotels apartments which have 4 proper beds, and what sort of area would people recommend for a 10 & 13 year olds?. They're not really pool kids, don't like spending the whole day at the pool, but like to do a few active things, tennis, mini golf, trips out etc. Is the old or new town better for that sort of thing?

We have been to Spain before, Costa del sol/Marbella, Costa dorada/Salou, does Costa Blanca have as much to offer as those resorts?

4. Re: Corona del mar or villa del mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm