We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

don salva opinions accomodation

N IRELAND
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
don salva opinions accomodation

I posted a message under don pancho by mistake. I was looking at these apartments but someone said they were in a built up area and the pool might be shaded from the sun. Does anyone have any views on this. I am looking for a reasonable break 1st september. Thanks in advance

Hotel Don Pancho
Hotel Don Pancho
#1 of 191 hotels in Benidorm
Riviera Beachotel
Riviera Beachotel
#3 of 191 hotels in Benidorm
Hotel RH Corona del Mar
Hotel RH Corona del Mar
#5 of 191 hotels in Benidorm
Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

The pool does have quite a bit of shade and location is not that bad although it is a walk to everywhere. If you know Beni it is at the big new roundabout on Av Europa, the main road into town from the motorway. There is very little within 300m of the place.

N IRELAND
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

Only been to Benidorm for the first time last year and stayed at Levante Apts which were and a great location but cant get them this year as they are booked up. I just want somewhere near things but not really noisy. Its so hard to decide.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Galston, Ayrshire
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

First thing I must say is without the Don Salva I would never have discovered or fell in love with Benidorm. I went in 2002 and it was April so I don't know if my opinion is valid.

The pool area is a bit shaded and you might have to move around a bit. The apartments are very spacious and basic but they were very clean and adequate. I didn't mind the walk as I had never been anywhere that there was so much going on and that we had stayed out till early hours.

Since then I must admit I've only gone AI but if I was looking for a cheap off peak hol I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
benidorm
Level Contributor
749 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

Seems to get plenty of Stag/Hen parties, but probably most accommodation does nowadays.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

As a regular holiday maker to Benidorm I personally would not choose these appartments, simply because they are too far away from anything! In my opinion you would most certainly need a taxi back in the early hours. I would not walk up there even with my husband, too far out. Why not try Praisio11 on mediteraneo just in front of Ambassasor Playa, bang in the middle of nightlife. We have just returned from 12 nights at the Ambassador was great, we had a fantastic time. Or vina del mar appartments they are also on Mediteraneo not far from Praisio11. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

try la era park only a 15 min walk from night life and not to expensive

N IRELAND
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

After reading the reviews I booked last night to go to the Vina Del Mar so hopefully that will be ok. Lets face it anything is better than sitting at home with the rain pouring down. This has been the worst summer I can remember in N Ireland. So much for global warming. I am now looking forward to seeing a bit of sun. Lets hope it doesnt change when I go. Thanks for the advice everyone. It's great when people take the trouble to answer questions on Tripadvisor. I would be lost without it. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Vina del Mar Apartments
Vina del Mar Apartments
235 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Tredegar, United...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

Great choice.

www.vina-delmar.com/index.php?lang=en

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

Great apartments, I've stayed at the Vina Del Mar 3 times in the last 12 months and already booked up for next May.

Brilliant location, just across the road from the beach, plenty of places nearby for brekki etc. and at the back of the apartments is Morgans Tavern, so your very close to the start of the nightlife without being on top of it ;o)

Just a tip though, they're not holiday apartments in the true sense & therefore towel changes & daily cleaning are not the norm, which also means no extra loo rolls etc.

Have a great holiday

Mentioned in this post
Vina del Mar Apartments
Vina del Mar Apartments
235 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Morgan's Tavern
Morgan's Tavern
1,690 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: don salva opinions accomodation

One of my favourite places for family who prefer self catering good choice ..mazza

Edited: 12 August 2011, 12:31
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm