We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Kindness of Strangers

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
The Kindness of Strangers

Ok folks lets lighten the mood a bit. Has anyone had an experience on holiday where a random act of kindness from a stranger has given you your faith back in people. I have 3 to start off with:-

1) In Majorca I left my purse on the wall of that cathedral in Palma. A man driving one of those horse and trap things took pity on me, brought me to his mum who gave me my tea and then they brought me all the way back down to Magaluf (other side of the island)

2) In Beni this year, we found ourselves on a night safari at Terra Natura and were unsure of how to get a bus back to the town. One of the staff brought us back in his own car!

3) An earlier Beni holiday. It was our last day, so we were kicked out of the apartment at 10am - but our coach wasnt picking us up till midnight. My daughter then got really quite poorly and virtually all the residents rallied around us offering us the use of their apartment, bags to be sick into, a fan to cool down.

Needless to say, I will always help someone if I can. Anyone else got any feel good stories?

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Terra Natura
Terra Natura
2,180 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Kindness of Strangers

I have loads but my posts will probably get removed (as will this thread) as it's not travel related to the particular destination and will no doubt wander off topic and become a chat room LOL. So going to save my fingers for other posts ;-)

CB

benidorm
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Kindness of Strangers

This is Benidorm related:

When i ran a bar in Benidorm I got fined €1500 for having a couple of the terrace chairs slightly on the pavement. The Town Hall then kindly reduced it to €1200 because I paid it within a month. Bless their hearts!

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
devon
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Kindness of Strangers

Im going back many a year now when my friend and I were in Benidorm, I think we were about 14 at the time, and we got done over by the potato men for about 50 pesatas.

It was the last of our money and we were sttiing outside somewhere which looked like a red cross station...( not sure what it was) anyway a guy came up to us and asked us what was wrong and between all the sobs we told him, and he gave us what we lost and told us not to be so silly again...which I can say I havent. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Kindness of Strangers

I have always found people very kind towards myself and my daughter, when on holiday. Have especially found Benidorm very friendly. I was very nervous the first time I travelled to Benidorm last year, as it was the first time I have ever travelled alone with my daughter abroad. I found everyone I met extremely friendly and helpful. People tend to take you under their wing when they see you sitting by yourself with book in hand, whilst little one is making lots of new friends at Pool side.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Kindness of Strangers

I took my then 2 young children to Spain by coach 12 years ago and my son was taken into hospital with suspected meningitis on our 3rd day. We took a taxi to the hospital in Girona which was miles away from where we were staying. I was sobbing my heart out and when we reached the hospital the driver wouldn't accept a single peseta. Also, at the hospital one fellow Scot was being discharged and sent home early. When he accidentally heard me saying to a nurse I was going to find it difficult to afford taxis back and forth to the hospital, he gave me all the pesetas he had left which was £80. I've never forgotten either of these two people and never will!

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
6. Re: The Kindness of Strangers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm