We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing near Red Lion...

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Crossing near Red Lion...

Just a warning to watch out for the group of lads handing out leaflets for bars here. We were walking down to the Stardust a few nights ago and they were setting of firework type things on the crossings when people were walking across. Because we ignored them when we were walking back towards the square, one of them threw one directly at us from behind. Idiots! Now we're having to avoid that whole area on a night time, and stay around the square.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

Can this sort of thing not be reported to the Police?. If they are throwing fireworks directly at people surely that is assault?.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

Shocking behaviour what if someone was injured .. mazza

Edited: 11 September 2011, 14:29
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

The police in Benidorm couldn't catch a cold, never mind a criminal.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

One literally just missed us. Then they had the nerve to start shouting at us because we told them to get a life. We're two young girls, they were a group of around 3/4 lads. So now were avoiding that area. I'm not sure what they were throwing exactly but they sounded like firecrackers/fireworks. They exploded on the ground. Hopefully, they will be reported or caught out before hurting someone!

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

I don't like these people, they deliberately stand in the road, forcing drivers to go round them. I don't know what their problem is, maybe they are bored. I know that they are paid very little for a nights work, makes me wonder how they make ends meet........................

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

Exactly. Its when they get angry or take the mick out of people because they've either ignored them or not taken a leaflet. Theyve chosen to do that job and they expect every person to acknowledge them. People just want to get on with their night...

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

Having done that job briefly, it is a thankless task, BUT (before I get shouted at!) some of them are (or appear) brain dead!!! Proper props here don't act like that, they just talk to people and hand out their leaflets.... Maybe find out which bar they're working for and report them to their bosses? It's no more than they deserve!!!

If you're still here donna don't forget the "meet up" at Uncle Peds tonight around 7.30pm ish!!! I'll be there on my way to work!

Edited: 11 September 2011, 16:33
Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

They are just a bit too bouncy, mouthy and cheeky for my liking. And they assume people are all deaf when they give a load of verbal behind your back.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

Play them at their own game Donna. Take a flyer with a smile and when you get down the street a bit, post it in a litter bin.... with a smile. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crossing near Red Lion...

and another thing.... the only fight I have seen on the streets of Benidorm, and I mean the ONLY fight, was between a load of props.