We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in december ?

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
d@g
Level Contributor
346 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in december ?

i know its a kind of silly question as you cant predict the weather but whats the weather usually like 1st week in december thanks for any information when i woke up this morning to pouring rain i wish i was there now

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in december ?

Hi,

We were there over Christmas last year and we were really lucky with the weather.It was warm enough for a t-shirt during the day,but a jacket was needed at night time as it got chilly.

Like you said you can't predict it,I would take a mix of clothing to cover every eventuality.

wunderground.com is useful you can see the weather for the previous year if you type in dates.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in december ?

I was there for a few days from Dec 5th last year & it was really warm & beach weather during the day but chilly at night! However a couple of days after i got home things changed & the heavens opened, so you could get anything really!

Best Regards - Taggy

hull
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in december ?

on average can be very cool early morning warm afternoon

about 13 and then mostly chilly on a night .need jumper or jacket

BUT a lot better than britain

east lothian
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in december ?

good 2 know am not the only 1 that asks aboot the weather ,just watch out for stupit comments back poppy.

benidorm
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in december ?

The weather is different every winter. We get bad weather at some time each winter but who knows when it will be. You could be lucky or not.

From mid November onwards you can pretty much be guaranteed cold nights. The days are different. I have known it to be 26 degrees on Christmas day, but the next day it might be10 degrees.

We might get a full week of rain, but that is rare, and we get the odd cold snap, but compared to Britain it's nothing.

If it's sunny you can sit outside a bar and get a tan - if it's not just go inside the bar and meet some new friends.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in december ?

Every year the benidorm area gets the gota fria, a few days of strong winds and torential rain. can come when the weather cools down. last year it blew trees down.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in december ?

The gota fria arrives long before December... it's usually here by now but we've had an "extended summer" this year!! It should start cooling off very soon and October can be extremly changeable (bear with me) but by December (see I got there!!) the weather should have settled down again and it should be pleasant and sunny (although not steaming hot) in the day and rather chilly at nights, jacket weather I'd say!

Maybe bring t-shirts for days and long sleeves for nights (a jacket is always handy or thick cardi maybe for in case it goes chilly in the day and at night!)

8. Re: weather in december ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm