We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new year in benedorm?

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
King's Lynn, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
new year in benedorm?

hi could anyone let me know what the weather is like at this time of year? am looking at the sandos monaco seems excerllent reviews and good location any tips for jazz bars or any places a must as this is our first time in benedorm. thanks

King's Lynn, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new year in benedorm?

i cant even spell!!

liverpool
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: new year in benedorm?

Hi Sunkiss/

I have been xmas and new year for the last 7 years,

the weather has been great every time 65/70 degrees t shirt during

the day jumper at night,

you also get 2 new years celebrations, 12 00 spanish time 1 00 english,

I have never seen any jazz bars, someone else may help, all the main

bars are open.

you will enjoy it.

Wardy.

benidorm
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new year in benedorm?

They used to do a Jazz night at the Malibu - was it on a Wed - someone maybe can give more details.

www.roundtownnews.co.uk/index.php…

Edited: 04 October 2011, 13:08
King's Lynn, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new year in benedorm?

thanks im all booked now ,any other tips as we are first timers whats some of the best bars with entertainment to look out for we like a good drink friendly atmosphere and good entertainment i think we should find that? also nice to hear the weather is good, thanks for reply.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new year in benedorm?

Hi Wardy

I was in Beni for new year 2009 and it was freezing at night and you had to find a sunny spot in the day or the wind was chilly ?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new year in benedorm?

Although it's usually warm in the day, "fingers crossed" the temperature drops to cold in the night and late evening. You will need to take a small warm jacket, scarf and gloves etc. Pack a mix of summer and winter clothes.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new year in benedorm?

Ive been the past seven 7yrs as well and its been fine during the day but cold at night ..But last new year was 1 of the coldest ive ever been and it was worse i had to go outside for a ciggy not that i mind but why pay all that money to stand in the cold just for a ciggy ...I just hope this year they are a bit more organised and have some sort of heaters for ppl that do have to stand outside mazza

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new year in benedorm?

Yes Mazza, It was cold at night and I agree with all you say. Lets hope they have made better provision for smokers by now.

Mind you some smokers seemed to enjoy being in a "tight huddle" in the doorways...lol

Edited: 04 October 2011, 15:05
united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new year in benedorm?

Well last new year a wouldnt a minded being in a huddle it was that cold lol but there wasnt many ppl about but if its dry its worth it maybe some will have them heat lamps for new yr mazza

Lancashire
Level Contributor
532 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new year in benedorm?

Yes last new year was colder than normal but its a lot warmer than the UK. During the day it can be lovely but goes colder late afternoon when the sun goes down, all the bars will be open, its great, a really good atmosphere. Im sure you,ll love it. Just take a jacket/coat for nightime. ENJOY.