We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

Just a heads up to scooter users in Beni, whilst you can access this bar in the Old Town the guy serving (may be the owner) certainly didn't want my elderly uncle parked there! Lots of arm waving and loud instructions as he made it clear he didn't want a scooter cluttering his patio, making my uncle feel very self conscious !

No issues anywhere else and have found the rest of Benidorms bars and restaurant owners very helpful and accommodating. But Bar Gorbea is one to avoid

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

There's always one. Lets hope people boycott the place and send him under. Moron!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

Not a bar i've heard of tbh....and certainly not one i'll be using either if that's his attitude!

Best Regards - Taggy

Callosa D.En Sarria
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

Facing Queens Taggy.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

That bar is part of the Aurrera group who own most of the bars around that area including La Cava Aragonesa and usually they bend over backwards to help the disabled so I assume you caught them on a bad day, no excuse though

Callosa D.En Sarria
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

It´s part of a group called Aurrera, they have quite a few restaurants round that area, so the guy was probably a manager. Still doesn´t excuse his attitude !

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

Ahh...i know the one now cheers, yes i would assume that's the manager having an off day...however as has been mentioned that's no excuse, i assume he wouldn't treat his family that way or like to see others do so. Does leave a lasting effect though when you've been treated badly doesn't it!

Best Regards - Taggy

Edited: 06 October 2011, 12:10
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

I personally would have told him to eff off and then informed every single visitor to the pub of his discriminatory behaviour.

After 15 mins or so I would have enjoyed his free pint or two as an apology.

Before you ask....yes I have done this sort of thing before on behalf of less able friends.

Shame on the manager.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

Must be new owners....used to be a husband and wife who owned it, and a friendlier place to be you would not find... Shame. Tell your Uncle to laugh at them.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

I agree paul, the old owner and his wife were really nice people, the guy used to be a professional footballer. played for real sociedad. i used to pop in there often. must be new owners, i know its not the biggest bar, but there is no need to be rude to disabled. shame.

10. Re: Bar Gorbea - certainly not disabled friendly !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm