We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed to decide an argument

Glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed to decide an argument

On going dispute has the tobacco allowance changed on what can be brought back to the UK

Argument is the allowance from the 1st October 6 sleeves of cigarettes.

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
716 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed to decide an argument

I read on the HMRC website that from the 01/10/11 you can bring back as many as you like as long as there for your own personal use however we have the right to question and sieze goods which are over 800 cigs

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed to decide an argument

800 cigs and 1kg of tabacco, and as the above said, you can take as much as you want, as long as you can prove there for personal use, how you do that god knows.

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
716 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed to decide an argument

Good question yorkslee_7, I was thinking that myself, sounds like a good excuse to seize more cigs, I can see a lot more people getting peed off

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed to decide an argument

If you make frequent trips abroad and you get stopped with more than the new "Guidelines", then expect to get a grilling. If, like most, you are an infrequent traveller, you'll be fine.

5. Re: Help needed to decide an argument

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm