We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantastic holiday

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fantastic holiday

Got back yesterday evening after a fabby 8 nights in Benidorm. Stayed at Joya Hotel ( review waiting to be approved ). Weather was fantastic up until Friday when it became very overcast but still warm enough for t-shirt and shorts.

Popped into Carousel on the Saturday evening when we arrived. Walked along from our hotel which took approx 25 mins. Met up with Psycholisa and managed to stay for a couple of hours.

On the Sunday evening had a meet at Uncle Peds and meet up with Scottishbritishbeef and his family, Shezzaedinburgh and her hubby, DCF and her hubby and Cybernan managed to drop in for half an hour with her hubby, so quite a wee crowd we had. Was great meeting up with other TA members and having a blether.

Mon/Tues spent chilling at hotel pool and wandering around Old Town. In the evenings caught a few acts including Joyful Joyful which we saw 2 evenings in a row.

On the Wednesday decided to spend the day at the beach, whilst there received a phone call from friends/neighbours of ours in Scotland but who live mostly in Benalmadena. They had driven 6 hrs to surprise us and were sitting at a bar across from our Hotel and I nearly jumped out of my skin when we were walking by and they called our names.

Was a fantastic surprise and they then stayed for the next 4 nights in Benidorm with us, 2 nights at Rocomar in Old Town and 2 nights at Hotel Joya with us.

We tried to get a table at Paneils but closed on wednesday evening and fully booked on the Thursday. Michaels was also fully booked for nest few evenings. We ended up at a place called El Bosso and had a lovely meal there where the owners made us very welcome. We then spent evenings at Morgans Tavern, Stardust and The Town where we managed to see, CopyCats, Lady Gaga, One Vision, Girls Aloud, Westlife, Michael Buble and a few others I have forgotten.

Had a meal in John & Josephs which was huge and very cheap. Had a fabby holiday and feel we packed in so much and now need a few days away just to chill out, lol!!

1. Re: Fantastic holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2011, 20:17
England, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantastic holiday

Wow, you certainly has a busy time, and how nice of your friends to surprise you!

I agree, a great post and will watch for your review.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantastic holiday

Also meant to say, we spent our last night at Benidorm Palace, booked for the meal and show. Meal was great but far too much food, lol!!. Also were given 2 bottles of red wine and large bottle of Cava. 2 orange fanta for my daughter. Thought the show was superb with fantastic costumes & sets. Finished evening off at Carousel Bar and tumbled into bed around 3.30am.

northumberland
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantastic holiday

brill post aldente glad you had a fab time

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantastic holiday

Glad you had such a great time Aldente, that was a lovely surprise from your friends too, bet your face was a picture! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantastic holiday

Great post, glad you had a good time.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantastic holiday

Thanks guys, really did enjoy my holiday.

Yes Taggy, they phoned to ask how our holiday was going and I said we were making our way back to Hotel after spending day on the beach. We were just walking past Alex Bar which is diagonally across from Hotel when all I heard was cooee!!! and there they were sitting in the sunshine with a beer in front of them, haha.

Thing was, I had been making enquires into going to pay them a visit in Benalmadena but flights were expensive and Train/Bus was a long journey which I felt was too much for my daughter.

They have been to Benidorm before but dont really know there way around. Was great being able to show them around and took them to Dove Park and up to the headland via the steps with all the padlocks on the chain rail.

They loved going to see the acts on in the bars and kept saying that Benidorm was much cheaper than Benalmadena and that the entertainment was far superior, but that they do love where they live.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantastic holiday

Glad you had a fantastic holiday.

We also rounded of our holiday with a trip to Benidorm Palace.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantastic holiday

Glad to hear everything went ok, lovely surprise with your friends.you must be worn out ha ha.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantastic holiday

Was nice to meet up with you and your daughter! I'm sure they enjoyed that first night drawing in Carousel!! lol.... Hope to see you again next time you're over.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm