We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice for short stay holidays please

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any advice for short stay holidays please

Hi i am looking at coming to benidorm every couple of months for three days at a time, saturday morning until tuesday morning as a mini break and would like to receive some advice on the best way to do this.

I have heard lots of people doing this where it does not cost very much and would like to know how people do this as i can never find any cheap deals.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

Perhaps they are just lucky to get cheap deal flights from their own local airport. I would imagine it involves searching around a lot for cheap flights & accommodation or unless some people already have accommodation over there and return to that on a regular basis.

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

First thing is to find the flight at the right price and book it. Plenty of apts or hotel in the winter months at really good prices.

billingham
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

flights need to be booked in advance to get the really cheap flight and as big ste says theres plenty of cheap accomodation around nearly all the time of the year,(flights with ryanair,easyjet,jet2 or thomson flight only)accomodation,start with travelrepublic,alpharooms,last check and thomson hotel only,there is some bargains for saturday to tuesday ,its just finding the right ones,good luck !

rochdale
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

Maybe they are on a fag/booze run to compensate for the cost?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

I very much doubt you would make enough profit from reselling booze or cigarettes from Benidorm.

I think on average 200 cigarettes only work out at £20 cheaper than back in UK. You would have to at least add a tenner on to cost for resale and then would only make £320 profit from a very large amount of 3200 cigarettes.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
billingham
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

rochdalemally. .......... why would you think that ?theres no mention off it in his post.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

We come to beni twice a year and we were thinking of buying a caravan in the uk but looking at the cost involved which is like rates electric etc which is about 250 pounds per month I was thinking instead to come to Benidorm once a month or once every two months for three days as well as our normal two weeks twice a year

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

I hope you manage to get it all sorted cleethorpesman. Wish i could pop over for short breaks but unfortunately work dictates when I get my time off.

rochdale
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

shutey, OP mentions 'lots of people doing it where it doesn't cost very much'

My wife used to be a heavy smoker. It's only £2 a packet less, but £1500 a year saving just for one person.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any advice for short stay holidays please

not going for cigs, not worth the hassle as not much saving, just want to be able to pop over for a few days once a month or every two months before our proper holiday.