We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitors

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SCOTLAND`
1 post
Save Topic
First time visitors

I am going to Benidorm for my 50th birthday in May my mum and 2 sisters are going too it will be our first time in benidorm and our first time away together so i would be grateful if anyone can point us in the right direction for entertainment and good value places to visit my mum is 70 and we all would really like for her to enjoy here holiday as it is the first one she has had in 6 years we will be staying at the calypso hotel so i would really like for someone to tell us what to expect.

1. Re: First time visitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2007, 12:14
ayr,scotland
Level Contributor
362 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visitors

I`m more than sure that your mum would enjoy a night at the Benidorm Palace. It`s a variety type of entertainment and everyone I know who has been, speaks very highly of it. You can have a meal there if you wish and it is only a short taxi ride away. In resort you have all kinds of entertainment it will depend on what you like. No admission fees (except at the Palace) so if you want to move from place to place and see different acts then you just drink up and go. Benidorm caters for all tastes and age groups you won`t be stuck for something to do and if your mum and sisters fancy a bit of shopping the Old Town has the best shops and is quite different from the Levante (new town) area where you will be living. The Levante beach front is a pleasant stroll nice sandy beach and is lined with bars shops and eateries and its not far from your hotel.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visitors

You and your family will just love benidorm,as the place suits every age,as for the hotel you have choose calypso,well i stayed there last oct and it was being painted inside so by now it should all be compleated and looking good.good food and pool area.

Take you mum to sinatras if you are going before the end of may, after this it changes over to a disco and then re-opens as a nightclub from the beginning of october through to may.

cumbria
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time visitors

The Wheeltappers & Shunters Club is a must in my opinion. Just dont make the same mistake as we did and go to late in your holiday, if we had gone earlier we would have been back most nights.

Swansea
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time visitors

The number one place to take your mum would be Shooters Bar on Calle Ibiza - not too far to walk from the Calypso. Every night a very talented lady plays organ/piano and sings the old songs (and expects participation!), and during the second half, members of the audience get up and do a turn - a bit like karaoke but without the words in front of you!!! The songs are all old ones, so your mum should love them.

Spain
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: First time visitors

Hi I`m sure your mum would enjoy Dolly Daydream`s singers bar. It`s agreat night out with fabby singers out of the audience backed by a great keyboard player and hosted by an Audrey Robert`s look-a-like. There are lots of these kind of bars about but give this one a shot.

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time visitors

Take a look at www.whatsgoingonbenidorm.com it's full of info and you can pick up an up to date copy at many bars including the Stretford End which is near you.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time visitors

The Calypso is a great hotel and there`s loads of great places for entertainment, it all depends what you like. there are lots of cabaret bars with great acts on. Then there are the singers bars. Shooters bar is on Calle Ibiza and a bit further along is Dolly Daydreams which is English owned, nice cosy bar with a welcome for everyone, aimed at 50`s upward. Get a what`s on book. You can look at this book online just type in whatsgoingonbenidorm.com and it should lead you to it, enjoy your hol.

hartlepool
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: First time visitors

Hi

And make sure you do what lots of Brits don't do and that is visit the beach which is in between the Levante and Poniente. Get in a taxi and ask for the Marina. Get out of the taxi and there's a small secluded beach backed by cliffs,very sheltered. The Spanish use this and we've been entertained by acrobats, choirs, jazz singers,tranvestites! true and of course free !

The best thing of all is when you've had enough of the beach you can have a short walk to Tapas alley (just ask the way) where you will taste food you've never tatsted before in a typically Spanish environment and you will find that whatever you eat and drink you will always be charged for less than you've had they are just that pleased to see visitors trying their thing !