We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest Benidorm Trip

Wishaw, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Latest Benidorm Trip

Good Morning, now the normality has returned i thought i would update our friends on Trip Advisor on our recent trip.

Flight out of Prestwick with Ryanair was a breeze and as we paid the £5 priority boarding all 10 of us got extra leg room seats together and our flight arrived in Alicante 20 min early.

Booked transfers through Travel Republic and at £4.50 return were a bargain and as soon as we arrived at transfer desk we were off to hotel. Journey on coach a little on the long side taking 1-1/2 hours to finally pull up at our hotel The Riviera Beech around 12 mid day.

Greeted with a smile at checkin and we were all given our rooms on the ground floor of the hotel and we all found the hotel stunning and spotlessly clean.

Rooms are nice and modern and spotlesly clean as was all areas of hotel, a real gem.

Went out to front of hotel and as the sun was out relaxed in the excellent seating area and had a few refreshments and when sun went away it got quite chilly so we all headed inside to unpack.Stayed in hotel for evening meal and i am sorry to say most people found this to be the only let down in otherwise an excellent hotel. Will do our review on the hotel later.

Went out to Morgans Tavern and enjoyed Timeless who were excellent,One Vision who were also excellent also, then we were off to bed as we had been on the go from 4am.

Sat morning got u around 9.am and was a lovelly day so parked ourselves with the daily papers and enjoyed a few cervesas and a couple of coffees before the men headed up to the Stretford end for an assault on the local bookmaker and to take in the Manchester game. One word Superb,Man Unt won we got some winners off the bookie on the horses and then we all landed our football coupons.

Few cocktails followed and then off down to meet the gaffers(mrs) who were enjoying the famous Black Chicken. Great fun and on we went to the Palladium for more Karaoke and was also very good and with cheap drinks and good singers we all returned to hotel and never felt the bitter cold wind.

We had booked a meal in Duetto Italian resteraunt and arrived Late for our booking and had to wait on another table as it was very busy but well worth the visit. All ten had a great meal and some where seen licking the plates.

Off in Taxi down to Stardust as the ladies wanted to watch Take That,what a rip off and sadly lacked atmoshere.

Disapointed we left and went to Morgans again to watch Rodd Stewart and Timeless again they were superb and with the same round of drinks 15euro cheaper than Stardust much better value.

Sunday morning much the same warm in morning but got chilly in the afternoon,again enjoyed people watching on the terrace and with it being Market day it was busy.

Spent an hour on market then went up to the Mandarin chinease for the Wok buffet and it was excellent and at 10 euro excellent value.

Returned to Stretford End to watch us getting stuffed by the Welsh at rugby but had a good time with the Welsh guys.

Back to hotel and off to Western bar and then the Why Not 2 but quickly left as it was depressing. Up to the Town and watched the very funny Fred Stevens and the Beatles before moving on again to Morgans to see Abbie Senior and again not my cup of tea but the group seemed to enjoy his rather blue comedy. Back to hotel and had a few cocktails to finish off our holiday.

Return transfer arrived at 7.30 am for return to airport and again could not be faulted.

Got great seats again on our return flight home and although we arrived back 30 min late we all could not care less as we had all had a great time.

All in all a great weekend break with a great Hotel, good Food,Top Entertainment and not forgeting great company so much so we are all looking to repeat the exercise soon.

Why not at £145 all in per person and a few winners in the local Bookmakers was not to be missed.

Thanks for all the advice from Trip Advisor Friends.

Wellfan.

scotland
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

Great Review Wellfan , i`m sure Brian in the Stretford will be glad you all won in the bookies lol.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

Good report that, glad you had a great time!

Best Regards - Taggy

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

Wow what a report, glad you had a good time. Beni is not dead yet it's just taking a nap.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

Great post wellfan, think i was out there the same time as yourselves, we went in Stardust on the sunday night and it was packed, saw a bit of michael buble and Tony Scott, drinks are a little over priced, 4.50 for branded spirit and mixer, but it is all top gear, pints are 3.30, so uk prices really,

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

Great report pity you didn't try some of the bars up near the mandarin Tropical and Rock and Roll house are really cheap for cabaret bars 2.50 euro a pint when cabaret on and have some really good turns suggest you give them a try on your next visit which I guess won't be long in coming SteveH

Port Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

great report wellfan, wish the Rivierra would take note of all these comments regarding food.

julie

london
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

Glad you had a good time and at just under 150 quid what a beano. Yeah slightly concerns me about Riviera food as were be there end of week but might need to lose a few calories with all the extra booze anyway! Looking forward to sinking a few on the front terrace bar, found that last year and was well impressed with what I saw there.

England
Level Contributor
729 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

What a bargain and great review!

Marseille just scored at the death!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

Thanks for posting your great review.

It was a canny header too.

benidorm
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest Benidorm Trip

hi wellfan

brian from the stretford end end here

glad you all enjoyed your holiday mate, i dont mind you won in bookies, lol aswell as you all enjoyed yourselves and had a good time!

and thanks for the good review,

see you next time

revenge will be sweat lol

chears mate

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm